A chat with Rachel

Percy's POV:

" What are you talking about? I don't have feelings for her. I like you not her" I said nervously

" Percy, I saw you before. You look at her with adoration. When someone mentions her name your eyes light up. You might like me, but it is clear that you also like me. 

         If you tell me that you don't like her one more time, I will now that I can't trust you because you would be lying to me"

" Let's go to the woods so that no one hears what we say" I said

Its a good thing she doesn't know that we kissed or else she would get really mad. Sure I really like Annabeth.

       But I still have feelings for Rachel and I don't want to loose or hurt her.Thats how things always are. You like someone else but you always have feelings for your first crush.

" I might have a small crush on her, so what? I have known you for more time. Besides, she has over 15 boys to choose from other than me, andI think she likes that Luke guy." I said. Ok, I might be a little jealous. But who isn't jealous when the person they like, likes someone else.

" Are you jealous of him?" She asked bitterly

" Why would I be jealous? You know what, let's just not talk about this anymore. How have things been with the royal family? Are they treating you well?"

" Yes they are. Things have been great. Although its very different from life in the village. I am sure you know what I mean since you moved her for the selection."

" Yeah I do. The clothes, food, people and the whole palace. Its very different. But, I have learned to get used to it. What are your parents like?"

" My mom is very kind. As the queen she does her duties well and tried to find time for me. My father is very rich and he doesn't spend as much time as me. But they are royal and busy so I will just have to get used to it."

" Oh ok. Do you have any siblings?"

" No, but my mom is 3 months into her pregnancy. I am going to have a baby sister!"

" Thats Great. Congratulations"

" Thank you"

Rachel her my hand. I didn't pull it away. I forgot how holding her hands felt like. It was great but with Annabeth it was different. Different in a good way.

" I have really missed you Percy" she looked into my eyes

" Me too" I said looking back in her eyes.

Rachel leaned in, she was going to kiss me....

I wouldn't have been fast enough to prevent it, but then the sound of a monster came from behind us.

" What is that?" Rachel asked in a frightened voice

It must be a monster. The noise came again and it was louder. But it wasn't just one monster. There were several.

The monsters were getting closer, I could here their footsteps.

" GO RACHEL! Run to the palace, and call either Queen Athena, Frank, Leo or Jason. Whoever you see first. But don't let Annabeth come. Then stay at the palace and stay safe"

" But-"

"GO!"

The monsters had arrived as soon as Rachel left.

Standing in front of me, waiting for demigod prey were........