Introduction (1 Thessalonians 5:1-11)

Welcome!

I would like to briefly remind you that it is no accident that you have discovered this book and have come this far into your curiosity of what this book is all about. Well, you'll just have to see as it all plays out. ♦

-

It is commonly told that the return of Jesus Christ will come like a thief in the night. And, of course, it is rightfully done for the Word of God states those exact words in 1 Thessalonians 5:2. "For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."

But if you continue on in the same passage, it says, "...But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober."

When you turn off or cover all sources of light, everything around you is dark and virtually nothing close or far able to be seen properly. But in the light, everything is clear and you know exactly where objects are in relation to you.

See, when God claimed us as His own and set us aside from the world and those of it, He set us in the Light. Many people often quote verse two of 1 Thessalonians 5, but leave it at that. Possibly it is for the reason that they are scared... if they know they should be spiritually awake and aware of His coming, then they might have to change their worldly ways of living and are not quite ready or willing to attend the funeral of their own independence. Or possibly they don't continue the passage because that single verse is all they know, all they've been made aware of.

Whatever be the case, I would like to ask you to start fresh. Clear your mind of all things except for this simple fact: God has set you aside – you are in the Light. Now embrace it because He placed you there for a reason, and that reason is so that you could see and know He is near and to not be taken by surprise, but rather be awake, sober, and prepared.

How do we be prepared? By diving into His holy Word and the prophecies so meticulously and graciously written out for us in it. As I have discovered in my recent studies, this journey takes our complete, undivided attention, an eagerness to learn more, and the ability to think beyond the ink on the page. Though, I promise none of those things will be difficult after we begin because the endless creativity, the undeniable power, and the absolute greatness of our God will have you marveling and craving more.

And that is exactly what God desires from us as His people. To seek Him, to enjoy being in His presence, and to understand His plans for our future – to be children of Light.

✔ I highly recommend pulling out your Bible for this. A highlighter or a notebook to take notes on is also always very helpful when dissecting Scripture.
✔ Open your mind and focus your thoughts. Trust me, you're not going to want to miss a single word God speaks to you through His divine word in these studies.
✔ Share this! Not for me, but for the sake of how many lives could be forever changed. Hebrews 4:12 has never been so true as it is now. Prophecies are being fulfilled daily! To be 100% open and true with you, I wasn't so sure of my faith until just a few weeks ago when my church began this new study over the end times. But now, there's no way I could ever miss it!

For all of those people who believe the Bible is simply a made up fantasy: Keep reading and I promise to prove you wrong.