Chapter 1

*EDITING, SLOWLY BUT SURELY*

Alexandra was tired of normal. But, did she really have the guts to go somewhere alone, late at night? Wasn't she scared of getting kidnapped, murdered, or raped? Sure, she had a boyfriend who'd move mountains for her, cool friends, and the type of parents who'd spoil you on practically anything, but this is Alexandra Reed you're talking about .

As she stared at the eerie message, her phone dinged. It was Paige List, her BFF. But lately, Paige has been giving her the I-am-so-meant-to-be-the-queen-bee attitude. Alexandra picked up her phone, entered her password, and read the text that seemed eerily similar to the one on Facebook .

Hey, can we meet @ that cafe we've been hearing about? I think it's called the Cafe Conga. The others aren't going this time, just me & u. -Paige

Typical Paige, Alexandra thought. She didn't even put what time or if she wanted to meet up.

Although Alexandra knew Paige meant today, she still asks when. What time & what day? Alexandra hit SEND. No reply. Just great, she thought.

"Honey, phone call!" Amethyst Price called from downstairs. Alexandra's mom returned to using her maiden name after the divorce. Every summer & Christmas break, though, Alexandra and her not-so-little 15 year-old sister sleepover at their father's apartment across the state. Every year, Barry Reed comes up with new stories to publish, and they're related to Alexandra, Adelaide (Alexandra's sister),and of course, Amethyst.

"Hold on, mom!" Alexandra yells from her room.

"Honey, it's now or never! You can't keep him waiting forever," she retorts.

With a sigh, Alexandra slips on a white hoodie over her tank-top. With her laziness slowly revealing itself, she decided to keep on her Cookie Monster pajamas. Grabbing her phone, she turns her doorknob, then heads downstairs for the unknown caller.

As she turns the corner for the kitchen, Adelaide blocks her way, arms folded across her chest. "What the heck do you want from me this time?" Alexandra asks. They might have a cat & dog kind of relationship, but if anyone harms as much as a strand of hair on Adelaide, they'd have to deal with Alexandra herself.

"A little birdy told me something."

"Told you what, exactly?"

"Give me back my book, and I'll spill."

"You'll spill whether you like it or not, Adelaide."

"Give me my book."

"If you want it so badly, then get it yourself. It's in my room, on the bookshelf. It should be between that Algebra book and our old scrapbook. Touch anything else... You. Are. Dead."

Adelaide runs up the stairs and makes sure to bump her shoulder into Alexandra's. Alexandra rolls her eyes, exaggerates the tch that escapes her mouth, and continues walking down.

As Adelaide grabs her book from the bookshelf, the bright laptop screen catches her attention. She sticks her head out of the door to make sure Alexandra isn't in sight. At first, Adelaide was hesitant, but curiosity did kill the cat. As Adelaide's curious eyes come closer to the Facebook message on her sister's zebra-themed laptop, something develops in her head.

"Looks like a perfect way to get back at my dearest sister," Adelaide unnecessarily monologues.

~

School the next was hell. The two-mile run in gym, that AP physics test Alexandra struggled on (but of course, she passed with flying colors), the vandalism in the school cafeteria (and as SBA President, she had to do a speech on "Vandalizing", as suggested by the principal), and of course, the typical food fight. If anything else goes wrong, she would be more than happy to skip school, go home and sleep.

Lucky for her, Sky was there to comfort her, as always. But this time, he was acting differently. And it bothered her." Hon, what's wrong?"

"I've been waiting all day for the perfect time to say this."

"Say what?"

He let go of Alexandra's hand, then stepped in front and faced her. They were walking in the hallway, and of course, there were people to watch and gossip.

"Ever since yesterday . . . Oh, how can I say this . . . ?" he trails off.

"You want to breakup? Because, honestly, I've been wanting to breakup lately, too . " Lies. All I'm doing is fighting fire with fire, right? Alexandra thinks.

"Are you serious? Were all those 'I love you' texts these past few days bullshit? Don't you ever lie to me, Alexandra!"

A little part of her heart breaks. Sky has never called her by her first name, ever. "I just wanted to make you happy."

A few people have taken out their phones, either texting or capturing the moment then sending it to friends.

"I was right to make this decision. You're nothing but a-"

"But a what?" Alexandra cuts him off before he could end his sentence.

"Gah!" he exclaims, slamming his fist on an innocent nearby locker. Sky turns the opposite direction and starts walking off, still visibly fuming.

As she effortlessly straightens out the wrinkles in her long sleeve, her phone beeps. It's a text from Adelaide.

'Karma feels good, don't it?'

Then from Paige.

'Alexx!! I heard what happened! Who needs him? U were better w out! Talk 2 me later! - Paigee <3 '

Leave it to Paige to make you feel better. Then from an unknown number.

'You're breakup is like, on the school website. And like, the views are growing as we speak.' The one thing that annoys Alexandra, people who mistake "your" and "you're."

This time, it wasn't a text. Someone was calling her. She tapped Accept , then put her phone to her ear . " Don't forget about our little meeting tonight , or else . And remember , do not tell a soul if you know what's good for ya . "

" Who the hell are you ? " No reply . They've hung up . Whoever they was . There was one thing for sure . Whoever it was , at least she knew it was a guy . That rules out about half of the people in this state . Awesome .

As Alexandra heads to her next class , Adelaide is spying on her from the other end of the hallway . " Hm . Seems like i'll be heading out to the park tonight " , she says quietly . Adelaide comes out of hiding , then puts her hands on her hips . She taps her bright-red 3-inch high-heels , then heads to her class .

Millions of questions were popping into Alexandra's head . Who is this person ? What does he want from me ? Am I going crazy ? But only one answer appeared in her head : Go to the park tonight .

Of course, nothing could stop Alexandra. You'd be crazy if you tried.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E :

Sorry if this was short , but I promise to try my best to make longer chapters >D c: Thanks for reading ! ;D You . Are . Awesome !!!

Song --> Ahh ! I love Pretty Little Liars ! (; Random song from a favorite show xD

***October 26, 2013. Hey, if you're reading this just recently, you may have noticed a few of my editing and writing gone bad. Editing is taking forever. I hate editing. And be sure to check out my other stories :D Pleaaase keep in mind that everything written above was by my 12 year-old self. Now I'm 14. Ugh.

***April 7. Forever cringing. I still hate editing. Oh and I never continued Pretty Little Liars lol