Chapter 15

Ok, so I know its been a while and I have been super busy. I was tagged by @coconutc to do this - tag 7 friends who deserve it. I don't have 7 friends but you know.... In no particular order:

coconutc

Tidela471

turtlephant

NotANormalPsycho

Apologies if I have missed anyone, just tagged those who have recently spoken to me (and sorry if the tags aren't working I'm on my laptop). Ok, so.... I will get to the one-shot later on so if you're only here for that then please skip ahead. For now... I have finished A Court of Wings and Ruin.

I loved ACOMAF. It made me laugh and surprised me too. So much better than ACOTAR and Tamlin is such a[............] - lets just say I don't like him :D

ACOWAR:

So I didn't like it when Mor kept being annoyed at Nesta for 'flirting' with Cassian but then she said she likes females and I was so relieved that Nesta and Cassian had a chance - and that scene towards the end when she throws herself over him in front of the king! :O Also when their father shows up!

I am annoyed with Amren, I know she saved them but still. I thought she had turned to Hybern, and then when she hadn't I was like so you are going to cause the night court family grief?! And then Rhys! If I was Feyre, I would have been so mad when he came back to life for lying about. First being mates and then his own death, I would be very annoyed if I was Feyre. He would probably have to do something like Starfall again, splashing colourful stars/spirits at each other.

The war seemed to be a bit vague when Feyre was just watching what was happening and then she went to the cauldron - that was more like Feyre's character. And when Elain killed the king I was going "Yes, Elain! Go girl!"

I have to confess I was disappointed with the end of ACOWAR compared to ACOTAR and ACOMAF. It wasn't a big cliff-hanger, it could have gotten summed up with the Queens, Bryaxis, Mor, Nesta and Cassian, Elain and Lucien, Amren and Varian. I suppose the book itself was already big enough?

I just hope that the new one in 2018 sums all that up and Feyre is pregnant. There was a hell of a lot of foreshadowing of Feysand's child in the end of ACOMAF and throughout ACOWAR - more so than the foreshadowing assumed in EoS. We need to see Feysand's child after all that suggesting!!!!!!

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. ToG is my favourite series still but I don't know why because it's hard to compare it to ACOTAR because even though it has similar aspects and themes, its completely different in it's own right.

ONE-SHOT STARTS HERE.

Aelin paced back and forth in front of the window that overlooked the gardens. Elentiya was practising her water magic with Fenrys near the fountains below.

"Fireheart," Rowan murmured from where he sat on the bed behind her. She stopped pacing at his voice but kept staring out the window. "Aelin, look at me."

She turned to face him and leant against the wall. She studied the tattoo on his face that was now lined with worry. She pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. "So much could go wrong," she said, her voice hoarse.

"I know," Rowan said quietly. "They were scared of Elentiya's power-"

"They still are."

"She has it under control now," he said, jerking his head towards the window. "All she has to do is find out what she can now do with it. We have kept our promise to help them control it - just like I taught you in Mistward. We can do it again, Fireheart."

Rowan, her king, her husband, her mate. He had never failed her - not once. She nodded, knowing that she had complete faith in him. He slid off the bed and took two long strides towards her. She had to look up at him.

"It burns me," she whispered. "It is too young to control its magic so it burns me inside."

He used a finger to lift her chin, steady her eyes onto his. "You are Aelin of the Wildfire. You can control its power in the mean time. I....managed your power until you learnt control, with my own magic. There is nothing stopping you from doing the same."

Aelin slid her arms around his waist and pulled him close. She gobbled down the scent of his pine and snow. He gently stroked her hair, which was so long that his hand glided down her back, dipping past the belt she had one.

She went rose up on to her toes and kissed him. She would have lots of children with him, despite her fae heritage and their struggles. Her children would be extremely powerful and yet kind rulers Terrasen - no, Erelia - had ever seen. "How many children do you think we will have?" she asked, her lips still touching his.

"Hmm," he said, pulling her closer. "Loads." He kissed her more deeply this time and she tried to control her galloping heart. "I think," he said, pulling back so, so slightly, "we should...train for those loads of children."

She grinned and pressed her mouth to his. They just might end up with loads of children if this...connection would never cool down.

************

Manon glanced between Aelin, Rowan, and Dorian. Rowan and Dorian were grinning at each other. The two females were wise enough to be weary of the fact that the two Kings were looking like that.

"This is great news," Dorian said.

"It doesn't make Elentiya any less special," Aelin said, frowning.

"Of course not," Rowan said, placing a hand on her lower back.

"I think we know that," Dorian said, leaning back in his chair, "from you and Manon. You two never let us males do anything."

Manon shared a grin with Aelin. "Just reminding you that not every female needs saving," Manon said, her iron nails clicking together.

"When are you to announce it?" Dorian asked.

Rowan glanced at her before saying, "Tonight at dinner."

"That is another reason why you both were invited," Aelin said to the witch. "We have invited our other dear friends for the occasion."

"You could have just written us a letter," Manon snorted. Aelin glared at the witch and Manon said, "You do like to be dramatic, don't you?"

Aelin shrugged. "If you're not going to do it full out then why bother at all?"

Manon smirked. "If that is the case, your Majesty, then please allow me to inform you that the first witchling has been born."

Aelin braced herself for the sorrow to come.

Dorian leant forward, smiling gently. "It wasn't a still born, Aelin. The curse was broken many years ago but the first witchling was conceived a year ago and was born healthy and alive earlier this year."

Aelin's shoulders sagged with relief. "Than it shall truly be a celebration then."

Manon grinned at the Queen of Terrasen. "Will ours news be announced before or after the news of your soon-to-be son?"

So I know it was short (it is a one-shot after all). Please forgive me for not updating sooner. I had uni work (a lot of it) and was catching up on ACOTAR series as well as things such as birthdays and Christmas and just life, really. I saw the new Star Wars film last night and am seeing Pitch Perfect 3 on Thursday (can't wait!) with another busy week, so not sure when I will update and there isn't much left for me to write with these one-shots (unless its babies all the time :D ). Also, please suggest any boy names for Rowaelin's son.

Just in case I don't get to update before Sunday: Merry Christmas (and happy holidays to those who celebrate a different holiday).#

Thanks,

Jess :)(: