Chapter 33 | Forgotten

Fact #3: Aneko doesn't mind what kind of injuries she may receive in a battle, as long as she wins or doesn't die.

°Aneko's POV°

Something is off.

Ignoring the fight between Shikamaru and Temari which, Shikamaru won because of his intelligence.

Ignoring the crowd roaring for the fight between Gaara and Sasuke.

Ignoring the fact that Kakashi and Sasuke were missing and was about to be disqualified.

I sighed.

The Sand is going to betray us.

I looked around to see the other Rookie 10 that got through the second round.

Telling them might result badly.. I have to stop it on my own.

I inhaled and exhaled.

I examined the area. The Sand shinobi that are already fidgeting around.

They will most likely choose a time where everyone is off guard.. When we are less expecting it.

I smirked as I know when they will choose to strike.

In the middle of Sasuke and Gaara's battle, when everyone's main focus will be on the battle. They will strike.

"Not bad." I said, without anyone hearing me.

The crowd is continuously roaring to see the battle between a Uchiha and Gaara.

Sudden almost relaxing push of charka formed on the bottom, causing many shinobi above genin level to look there.

A ghost like smirk form my face when I saw the two figures in the swirl of leaves.

Sasuke and Kakashi.

If possible the roaring of the crowd grew at the mere sight of them.

Every shinobi from the Sand tensed at looked around at each other, no one took notice of this as they cheered for the fight.

I examined my surroundings, the dark glare of Temari and Gaara burned the side of my head.

Irrelevant currently.

Gaara stood down there, his potential poured off like waves drowning many people in the crowd with his killer intent.

Sasuke simply stared at me.

"Sasuke-teme! Me and Ane-chan both passed so you better too, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted, a smirk like smile formed on Sasuke's face.

"For Sakura." Sasuke said, raising his fist.

[I know this sounds like a every non-Sasuke thing to do, but like come on.]

The rest of the Rookie Ten turned to look at me and Naruto.

Naruto grinned and I slightly smirked.

The match watcher looked wavered at Sasuke who completely ignored everything around him beside Gaara.

Why would you care about what happens to Konoha? You deeply knows it's a dark place behind the bright green leaves.

A mocking voice echoed in my head.

I ignored the nagging voice in my head and focused on the moves of the Sand Shinobi.

Sasuke was winning against Gaara currently. However..

I twisted around to catch directly Kabuto smirking at the last hand signs.

She was too slow.

I cursed under my breath as immediately people fell down knocked out.

I watched the jonins and certain advanced chunins of the leaf looked confused, however was on their guard.

Kakashi jumped next to me, and nodded his head.

"The Sand betrayed us." He said, looking at me.

"I know." I said, he looked suspicious of me.

"Did you know about this?" Kakashi said, I sighed at looked straight at him.

"They showed signs of betrayal since the beginning, don't start questioning me." I said, jumping off.

My eyes widen at the barrier in the distance.

I jumped near a roof to get a better view. A growl escaped my lips as I recognized the chakra flowing out.

Orochimaru. You're getting annoying.

He was like a fly you cannot kill.

I gritted my teeth as I knew who exactly was going to win.

"What are you going to do, Aneko?" A voice said behind me.

I turned around and jumped back.

"Kabuto." I said, with disgust lacing my voice.

"It's obvious that you know who's going to win. After all, the student surpasses the teacher always." He said, a grin flashed across his face.

"What are you doing here? Orochimaru is in need for a new body and I'm sure you'll give up your life for him. " I said, pulling out Zora.

"Now, Aneko. What would you have done with I wasn't here?" Kabuto said, "Because, by the looks of it. You would have ran away."

I looked around, everyone was distracted, fighting their own battle.

"Running away? Hideyoshi Clan was a cowardly clan." He said, my eyes dangerously flashed as in a blink of a eye my sword was up against his neck.

No need to act out of anger.

He grinned knowing that I don't have time for him. Zora burned her own charka, causing Kabuto to hiss in pain.

"I recommend you to shut your mouth before I cleanly cut it off." I growled at him, pressing harder.

His grin slightly wavered as he glanced around.

I glared straight at him. Before jumping off.

Should I help the Hokage? But what happened to-

Suddenly a large beast slammed down in the nearby forest.

My eyes widen and I jumped in that direction.

That's the One Tailed Beast!

•°•

QOTD: "Courage comes from Fear."