14. Middle Fingers Up

Kaplan.

"Yeah bye." I smiled at Macy as she walked away with Scott. They seemed to have worked everything out. I walked outside, the last place I saw Booger go. I stepped outside and immediately shivered. White puffs filled the air from my breathing.

Gotta love Seattle.

I started to walk around the building in search of my 'boyfriend'. I finally found him in the back of the building talking to the school's slut, Lexie Alder. Booger laughs at something she says and she pushes his arm in that flirty 'shut up' way.

"Hey Booker." I call before I feel the need to physically vomit at them. He turns around and stands up immediately. He trips a little bit on his way over to me but I catch him before he completely falls.

"Hey Katie, right?" Lexie asks. I shake my head and turn around with Booker in my arms. I hold him up as I try to walk to my car.

"Are you drunk?" I lean him against my car and grab my keys. He holds up his thumb and index finger to show he is a little bit drunk. "What the fuck!" I exaggerate. I get my keys and unlock the doors. I throw him in the backseat and get in the front.

I drive away with a middle finger raised to Lexie for getting him drunk at a family friendly event. I drive towards Macy's house since he lives closer to her and I don't know his exact address.

Police sirens follow me. I look behind me and see the bright red and blue lights. "Don't say a word." I warn Booker. He mumbles something that I don't catch. The cop walks to my window with that stupid ass cocky walk.

"Do you know how suspicious you look ma'am?" He takes out a piece of gum and begins to chew it obnoxiously.

"Do I look fifty?" I replied with attitude. "What the hell did I do wrong?" This might be an over exaggeration but it seems like everywhere I fucking go I look suspicious and I do something wrong.

"You were driving fast then slow then fast now you're giving me attitude. Do you want to be cuffed?" Are you fucking kidding me? He stopped me because I was driving?

"Only if it's for your bedpost." I glare at him then press on the gas. I make sure to do the speed limit so he doesn't find me driving the wrong - RIGHT - way.

"Damn. Do you know how sexy you are right now?" Booger speaks from behind me. I slap his head to shut him up. He groans and plops back on the seat. I turn down his street and drive past Macy's house, to his. "Yey! Home sweet home." He sings and surprisingly sounds decent.

"Stay here." I tell him and get out of the car. I knock on his front door and his dad opens it.

"Hey Kaplan?" He looks around and then back to his wife.

"Oh wow. You remembered?" I was caught off guard and forgot my actual intention.

"Yeah." He smiles. "I remember it by the college and then seeing you and picturing you going to college." He says awkwardly. I chuckle and ignore my stomach fluttering at the sound of college.

"That's awesome." I smile. "I was actually wondering if Booker could spend the night at my house? He is worn out from all the dancing." I gesture to my car.

"Is he drunk?" His dad says quietly. "You can tell me if he is. He has been drinking lately and I am running out of excuses for his mom." He looks back at his wife knitting a sweatshirt.

"I promise I will take good care of him." I say before he agrees and we both go our separate ways. I get back in the car and drive to my house. Booker sings a random song while he lays half way across the seat and half of his body on the floor.