Chapter 5.

Rory.

Speeding down the familler roads makes me smile, it's just a small smile but it fade once we pass the spot the accident happened. I rev my bike and make it go faster sighing in relief when I get to the road for the ranch. Turning onto the long drive I allow my shoulders to relax, I speed past all the fields I own, Jasper right behind me. As I pull up the old western style home I kill the engine and hop off taking my helmet off as I go before looking over at the lone horse standing in a paddock on his own. Ares. I leave my helmet on the bike as I walk towards him, feeling Jasper's eye on my back.

"Hey boy." I say before climbing in with him taking the blanket with me. I stop about three feet infront of him, as not to spook him, allowing him to come to me. "You gonna come get your blanket on boy? It's getting cold now." I say smiling as he walks to me, stopping right infront of me, looking into my eyes. "It's me baby, mama's home." I whisper, he nudges me to his side with his nose indicating he trust me. Quickly I throw the blanket over him and strap it together to stop it falling off. I grab his front leg and check his hoove which seems to be in need of new shoes, my guess the others are the same. From the corner of my eye I notice Jasper stood at the fence, a small smile gracing his face as he watches me. Once I'm infront of Ares again he nudges me back to his side a sign he wants riding. I shake my head and allow a large smile to grace my lips as I pet him.

"I ain't riding you yet boy, need to get you some new shoes." I tell him as I'm once again infront of him. I kiss his nose before backing up but he follows. I hear laughter behind me and notice everyone watching us. I turn back to my horse and see him looking at everyone rage filling his eyes, I place my hand inbetween his eyes causing him to look at me. "They won't hurt you Ares, I promise." I whisper kissing him once more before turning around and climbing over the fence. I walk towards everyone my smile fading as I hear my boy cry and whine.

"At least he remembers you." Theo says.

"Yeah, I'm gonna head to the forge get him some new shoes." I reply before walking away I keep my gaze on the floor, my eyes watering as the grass that was once green haunt me with its new grey colour. Once in the forge I smile a little as I see Carl working on something.

"What you doing?" I ask causing him to jump a little.

"Fucking hell Lion, you scared the shit out of me!" He yells causing me to laugh.

"I would say I'm sorry but I'm not." I laugh again causing him to smile as he walks towards me. He hugs me tightly causing me to turn my nose up and frown. "Dude, your filthy and dripping in sweat, did you have to?" I tell him once he pulls away.

"Oh well, my guess is your hear to make Ares shoes?" He asks.

"Yep. Unless you've already done them?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

"Your the one who wrote all his measurements down for when you left. So yes mama there all done. Oh hey, who's your friends?" He asks causing me yo turn around.

"Oh Carl meet Jasper, Edward and Bella. I could kill you right now dude I wanted something to do." I say scowling at him.

"Here finish Lady's shoes. I can take a break then." He says showing me his blistered hands.

"Ouch. Go get some food or summet, Sue has cream for those burns." I tell him ad I pick up the hammer and start hitting the metal into place.

"Your a life saver boss." He says causing me to freeze. "Shit sorry lion, I didn't think." He tells me wrapping his arms around me.

"It's cool Carl, get your old ass up the house, and get your filthy sweaty skim off me." I say forcing a laugh as I push him away.

"Cya kiddo, don't make a mess of my shop." He says walking away.

"Is there anything you cannot do?" Edward asks.

"Not really. I can ride, drive, shoot, blacksmith, bladesmith, repair and draw." I tell him after I heat treat the shoe.

"Apparently you can jump from tall trees and run like the flash as well." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask looking at him.

"Don't pretend we didn't see you Rory, we're not stupid." He growls at me.

"You must be if you think I can do all of that Edward." I spit at him before grabbing Ares shoes and the tools I need and walking out. Ignoring Carl who looks at me oddly I walk towards my pride and joy, jumping over the fence and whistling him over. He comes quickly and allows me to get to work on getting the old shoes off and new ones on. I work in silence, my anger filling me, blood thumping through my veins, that being the only sound I hear in my ears. I can feel their stares but I don't care. As I finish the last shoe I allow Ares to get use to them, picking everything up before returning to Carl to drop everything off. I walk past the stable and grab a set of reins before going back to the paddock stopping when I see everyone, well all the Cullen's and Bella watching my horse. I let out a sign and jump back in before allowing him to come to me once more. I show him the reins and he starts to walk away.

"If you wanna get out this paddock you better let me put them on Ares." I tell him in a bored tone. He's quick to come back to allow me to place then over his head and fasten them. "That's what I thought." Just as I finished fastening them Rafs voice filled the air.

"Dinner won't be long Lion." Is what he says. I show him a thumbs up before jumping onto my horse without a saddle and click my tounge.

"I'll eat when I'm back." Is all I say before digging my heels in a little and before I know it Ares is running full speed towards the fence line and jumping over. But we don't slow down. He gets faster and faster showing everyone what he can do before pushing through the tree line and disappearing on the familler route.