Secrets [tw] | Part 2

"Thank you, Connie." Rita gave a nervous smile as she looked over at the brunette, there was a long and awkward silence.

"Er.. right I better get back to work. I'm going to call you a cab home." Connie smiled.

The cab pulled up outside Rita's house, she quickly thanked the driver and hurried inside, straight upstairs.

[ trigger warning ]

It was much later in the evening as Rita lay in her bed reading a book. When suddenly, she burst out into complete fits of rage - pacing the landing, her breathing became erratic and fast paced as she screamed, shouted, slamming herself into doors, walls.

The neighbors could hear the horrific crashes and screaming coming through the wall that they quickly dialed 999.

Rita's episode proved no signs of calming or slowing down as she continued to bruise and cut her knuckles against the wall, she violently reached for her scrubs as she grabbed the scalpel from her pocket, slashing her arm harshly, blood trickled out, tears streamed down her face, her fits of rage and panic were becoming dangerous as police barged into the house with paramedics following quickly behind.

"GET AWAY" Rita hissed as they barged into her room, the blonde collapsed into the paramedics arms, violently crying and struggling to breathe.

"Alright, we've got you. We've got you." The paramedics spoke softly, Rita squirmed and wriggled to get away as blood continued to pour from her arm, she squealed in pain.

The paramedics quickly restrained her and got her in the ambulance safely as they dashed towards the ED.

"Alright love, can you just take nice deep breaths for me?" The paramedic gestured softly, Rita followed his actions as her breathing regulated once more.

"Now, do you remember what happened?"

"I don't.. I don't know.. ow..."

"Alright. Your arm.. has this happened before?" Rita nodded shamefully, the paramedic gave a comforting smile as they pulled up outside the ED.

"Alright what have we got?"

Rita knew that voice, it was Connie.

"Female, we were called due to the neighbors being concerned about her mental health, upon arriving she was definitely experiencing a violent outburst, she has self injury to the right arm and is clearly still very panicked."

"Alright, through to.... Rita??"

"Please Connie.. don't say anything.."

"Straight through to cubicles."

The paramedics parked the wheelchair by a bed and quickly hurried off, Connie helped Rita up, taking her arm.

"Oh Rita.. Why didn't you say anything?"

"Well being fair I don't really have huge amounts of trust for anyone after what Mark did to me, I thought you totally hated me, I just.. I felt like I had no one.." the blonde whimpered, Connie instinctively pulled her into a deep and meaningful hug.

"I'm sorry."

"You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for.. just promise me one thing."

"Yeah..?"

"If you're struggling, please talk to me.. I care about you a lot. Seeing you like this absolutely breaks my heart Rita.."

Rita took a long pause, processing what Connie had just said. Did she really just say that?

"I know." Rita sighed as Connie patched up her arm.

"Has this ever happened before?"

Rita nodded her head in shame as Connie just rubbed her arm softly.

"The episodes have never been this bad, I don't know anymore Connie." Rita softly cried.