Chapter 3

The next day, they hopped on the train and rode down to Manhattan. They walked to the upper east side, and rang the Blofis buzzer.

"Can I help you?" Sally's voice said through the buzzer.

" Hey Mom! Annabeth and I came to visit!"

"Okay. Come on up!"

They pulled open the door, and ran up the steps to the third floor. They opened the door, and were tackled by Sally.

"You need to visit more often!" She smiled, "But we need to be quiet. Paul just got Estelle down."

"How is my little Blofis?"

"Crazy."

"Well," Annabeth smiled, "She is related to you Seaweed brain."

"You too are looking very happy today, and even though I like to think you don't need a reason to visit me, I feel like you need to tell me something?"

"Well," Percy started

"I'm pregnant!" Annabeth blurted.

Sally screamed. A cry of happiness and freakoutishness and Estelle started to cry down the hall.

"Sally? What happened?" Paul came down the hall.

"Annabeth is pregnant!!" She jumped up and down.

"Really! That's so amazing!" He reached out and shook Percy's hand. "Good luck my friend."

Percy laughed and Sally turned to Annabeth. "How far along are you?"

"It's hard to tell with Demi-Gods. The pregnancy will go much quicker. It'll only be around three months."

"Three months?!" Sally and Percy said in unison.

"We are going shopping right now!" Sally turned to Paul, "I should be back in a few hours." Then she dragged Percy and Annabeth down the steps, and to her car.

They ended up buying a crib, rocking chair and changing table. Plus a mobile that Percy insisted on.

"Our kid has Poseidon for a grandfather! Shouldn't there be dolphins above his bed!"

"His? We don't know the gender," Annabeth said

"Fine, above its bed," Percy agreed.

"You know," Sally said, "You might be able to go in and see how far along you are. And depending on how far along you are, you can see the gender."

"Well I don't know any doctors who can help with that. Do you?" Annabeth asked

"I can send you to the one that helped with Percy, if you're comfortable with that."

"I am." They both said at once.

"Okay, it's called Miller Pediatrics and Maternity."

"Do I call and set up an appointment, or should I just go in?"

"I just walked in with Percy. Do you want me to come?"

"I think we're okay mom."

"See you later."

She pulled away, before they realized that they still needed a ride.

"Great. We can't take all this stuff in a subway." Annabeth mumbled "We could call Jason, or Frank."

She whipped out her phone. It was special technology that Leo created. If monsters heard you at all, you sounded like a regular mortal. Plus anything you said was manipulated into "The cow goes moo" which Leo thought was hilarious. It wasn't. She made a quick call, put down the phone and came over next to Percy. "Frank is c0ming to get us, in the pickup truck. The place your mom talked about is right near Piper and Jason's house."

"Don't you think he'll get suspicious?"

"We can tell him to drop us like a block away and have him drop the stuff at Piper's house." Then we walk to her house and tell them all together. Okay?"

"Great!"

"There he is!"

They hopped in Frank's car, with their cargo safely in the back. When they were like a block away from the clinic, Annabeth asked Frank to let them out, and drive the stuff to Piper's house.

Percy and Annabeth walked to the clinic. When they walked in, the went up to the front desk and told the lady that they wanted an appointment.

"A name ma'am?" she asked

"Jackson."

Just then a lady poked her head around a corner and said "Jackson? As in Sally Jackson?" She turned to Percy and gasped, "Your Percy! The last time I saw you, you were a tiny fetus in your mother! And this is your wife!"

"You, you remember me?"

"Of course! I remember all the little babies! Doctor Martha Miller." She stuck out her hand to Percy.

"Hi, I'm Percy Jackson. But you already knew that didn't you. This is my girlfriend Annabeth."

"Marcy," she turned to the nurse, "I'll take them now."

"Alright ma'am," Marcy said

"Come on back!" Martha Miller led them around the corner and into an office.

"You can sit right there, Mrs. Jackson." She pointed to a big chair, "Ahhhh. I remember saying that to your mother in law!"

Annabeth sat and rolled up her shirt to reveal her growing belly.

"Woah," Percy said

"That's what happens when your pregnant. So, I'm guessing that you're in your first trimester, yes?"

"Yes," Annabeth stammered, " but we only found out yesterday."

"Well that makes sense. You're a demigod aren't you. Your pregnancy will progress faster."

Annabeth and Percy stared. "How, how did you know that?"