Lover

"And who might you be?" she asked, her long brown hair falling effortlessly behind her shoulders. Her hazel eyes radiated with a profound curiosity.
"Y/N... I'm Y/N Griffin," you responded as Lexa raised an eyebrow. "Hm? One of Clarke's relatives?" she demanded.
"Yeah, she's my little sister. We're not... on the greatest terms though..." you explained with a sad frown. "Why's that?" she questioned.
"Well... I did something that made her hate me," you simply said with a fake smile. Lexa lightly inclined her head, a perplex look gracing her delicate but fierce features, so you continued: "I turned in my father to the Ark's council and he got killed because of it."
"Oh," she replied with a contained surprised expression. "Yeah, oh..." you repeated with a small laugh and it was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
Later, Lexa had found out the truth. The brunette and you had quickly become best friends. Even though she was the Heda of the Grounders, you had been surprised to find that she was really open to you. "Why are you doing this?" she asked, frowning. You nervously fidgeted with your hands.
"Look, my mother was the one who denounced my father and he was killed because of that. Mom and Clarke were always really close to each other and I knew she couldn't handle the truth at the moment, so I took the blame," you explained as the Grounder's Heda engulfed you in a hug.
"Is that why she ignores you?" she sadly questioned and you nodded as you finally release all your pent-up emotions since the day you had taken the blame.
She firmly held you and caressed your hair as you silently cried in her arms. After some time, you finally pulled back and mumbled a shy apology. "It's okay. I'm happy that you told me everything and that I could help you," she informed as she briefly kissed your forehead.
You blushed, but it was missed by Lexa who brought you back to the tent you shared with Clarke in the hundreds' camp.
Clarke and you were now sharing a tent in the Grounders' camp. The shelter was near Lexa's. The three of you had just finished a meeting to go hunting the following day.
When you entered the tent and greeted Clarke, you remarked that the blonde was plainly ignoring you. "Are you okay?" you demanded while posing a hand on her shoulder.
She flinched away and you suddenly remembered the date. It was the day your father died. You sighed loudly. You still hadn't told Clarke the truth. The blonde glared at you from her bed. "Can you at least explain to me why?" she asked and it was not difficult to understand what she was talking about.
"Listen, it's not important: what is done is done and I can't change that," you groaned back and she scoffed. "It is important! You killed father!" she yelled back as you tried to keep calm.
"I made a mistake..." you simply replied. "It wasn't just a mistake! You destroyed my life!" Clarke continued.
"Okay! I can't take this anymore! You don't know what made me do it, Princess! You have no right to judge me!" you loudly replicated and you were nearly sure that the whole camp had heard you. Clarke looked at you with shock. She had never seen you like this. You turned around to the door and were about to exit when your sister's voice stopped you: "What are you doing?"
You spun around, facing her with an angry look, and saw the worry on her face. "Oh, you're kidding me, right? Now, you're worrying about me? What happened to the 'I hate you's? Well, if you want to know: I'm leaving 'cause you obviously don't want me here," you replied bitterly as you exited the tent and headed to Lexa's, ignoring Clarke's protests.
The Heda's guard immediately let you through when they saw you're angry expression. "Lex, do you m–" you started as you stepped into the tent, but suddenly stopped when you saw Lexa pinned to the ground by an unknown man with a dagger to her throat. She was struggling to push back the weapon.
Your eyes flew open and you bolted towards the man. You crashed on the floor hard, the air being knocked out of your lungs, with him on top of you and you soon were both thrashing around, trying to incapacitate the other.
Suddenly, you were caught beneath the man. A painful sensation appeared in your abdomen and you gasped in shock. The pain was incredible: it was as if you were burning. The man was then knocked down beside you as Lexa hit him with the handle of her sword. You finally saw the cause of your pain when you looked down. The man had stabbed you in the abdomen with his dagger.
Lexa turned in your direction and loudly gasped as she discovered the weapon. Blood was pooling beneath you. "Healer! Go get a healer!" the Heda yelled in Trigedasleng to the guards who had just entered the tent after having heard the sound of fighting. She was distraught at the thought of losing you.
Clarke quickly appeared in the tent and gasped at what she saw. Horrified, she ran to you and checked your wound. She had heard Lexa's cries and had come to discover what was happening. She would have never imagined what she was now seeing. She breathed deeply: "Ok, Y/N, I need you to be calm. Everything is gonna be okay, you just need to be calm and to stay with us. Can you do that?" Clarke asked you. You slowly nodded. You felt light-headed and Lexa could see your eyes slowly closing.
"Lexa, she may never wake up if she loses consciousness, I need your help to keep her awake," Clarke said while she slowly cut your shirt around your wound with her pocket knife. You saw Lexa's teary eyes stared into yours and you gave her a worried look. "Don't cry Lex, I'm gonna be okay," you said as your eyes slowly closed.
"No, Y/N," said the Heda as lightly tapped your cheek with her hand; "You need to stay awake. I know that you're tired, but stay with me, ok?"
"M'sorry," you weakly said as your eyes closed and you fell into darkness as Lexa shakily talk to you.
When you regained consciousness, you weren't able to open your eyes or talk. It took some time before you remembered what had happen. You tried to get up, but to no avail. You just couldn't move at all.
You felt a light pressure on your hand before you heard a familiar voice. It was Clarke that was speaking to you. "I'm so sorry Y/N..." she said with a hoarse voice that indicated that she had been crying; "Lexa told me everything. I know that Mom was the one to turn in Dad. Please, I can't lose you to. You need to live through this. I need to make it up to you."
You grunted quietly, but it was loud enough for Clarke to hear. Her head snapped up and she gazed at you, hoping you would open your eyes. You coughed and forced yourself to open them. You tried to sit up, but Clarke stopped you.
"You need to lay down," she said as she started crying. "Why are you crying?" you asked as you caressed her hair. She strongly hugged you.
"I thought I lost you. Lexa did as well. I thought I would never get to apologize and make it up to you. Could you ever forgive me? I hated you for years and it wasn't even you the culprit," she explained. "I was never angry at you. Okay, well, maybe except the last time, but it was only because I was tired," you consoled her and her grip tightened around you.
"But why did you took the blame?" she asked with a confused expression. "You already had lost Dad. I know you couldn't handle losing Mom at this time," you replied and she lightly smiled at you.
"I'm gonna go find Lexa. She was so worried that you would die that she nearly didn't left your side. It's the only time I got to convince her to leave you alone to go eating," she explained with a small laugh; "You stay here and relax."
You raised an eyebrow: "I'm not gonna go anywhere for the moment, Sis." She chuckled as she left the tent. You only waited a few minutes before the tent's entrance flew open. There stood Lexa and she had a relieve expression now that she had seen you safe and sound.
She engulfed you in a hug and, seconds later, you felt wet spots on your shirt. You blinked. Lexa was crying? You pulled back and saw her teary eyes. "Are you okay?" you asked.
She only nodded and stared in your eyes. You slightly inclined your eyes, asking yourself what she was looking. She suddenly leaned in and captured your lips with her own. You eyes widened, but you quickly melted into it and kissed back.
When the two of you pulled back, Lexa looked at you shyly. "I love you, Y/N... And I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend," she informed. You instantly responded by a yes and a giant smile broke on her face as she kissed you again.
You were interrupted by the giggling of Clarke while Lexa hide herself in your hair, embarrassed. You laughed and laid down with Lexa. You smiled as you thought of your two most important people: Lexa and Clarke.