1

MALIA CADEAfter Johnny had taken another beating for me all I could do was cover my ears and think back to the white flowers Johnny and I saw one day

MALIA CADE
After Johnny had taken another beating for me all I could do was cover my ears and think back to the white flowers Johnny and I saw one day. At the time, I was limping with a bruised cheek and Johnny had a black eye with a bloody nose and lip. It was the most prettiest thing I had ever seen in my thirteen years of life.

"Mal, when you're scared or upset, think of the flowers."

I remembered that every time Johnny had lied and taken a beating for something I did. Johnny didn't want me to feel any kind of pain ever. That's why he took most beatings. Sometimes things were so bad at home we'd stay with the Curtis'. They were all really nice to me and johnny. Ponyboy, the youngest and my crush. I get teased a lot because he's only four months older than me and I like him.

Ponyboy would always read with me, Sodapop, always played tag and hide and seek with me when I was younger, and Darrel, or as we call him Darry, would always make the best food. I liked being there more than my actual home.

Mine and Johnny's parents would hit us, how can a parent do that? Beat their kids without a second thought? Hell, if they didn't want me or Johnny they should've just put us up for adoption.

I uncovered my eyes and ears as Johnny limped into my room and hugged me tightly, "Are we sleeping in the lot tonight?" I sobbed. I hated seeing my brother like this.

"I am, you're staying at Pony's." He said and grabbed my book bag and shoving necessities into it like clothes for a week, hairbrush, toothbrush, ect.
"No! If you're not coming with me then I'm going with you." I wiped my puffy red eyes.

Johnny sighed, "Oh alright. I ain't gonna say no to you." Johnny ran to his room and packed his bag. I looked in the mirror at myself, I looked like johnny a whole lot.

I had really short curly brown hair that barley passed my ears, big brown eyes, and a small figure that made me look ten. The only difference between johnny and me was that my skin was paler than his, something I inherited from my dad.

"Ready to go?" Johnny asks as he puts my book bag on my shoulder. The bag was big and I didn't like that the strap stretched across my chest and the bag went down to my knees, but it was something easy to carry because of the one strap. It made it easier to run from Socs.

"Ready." I mumbled quietly and grabbed his hand as we snuck out through my window, not before us stuffing pillows under our bed sheets to make it look like we're sleeping.

CURTIS HOUSEHOLD
We got there in a matter of minutes. Johnny knocked on the door and Soda opened. He smiled widely and immediately engulfed us in a hug. Johnny went over to Pony and Soda and me played tic-tac-toe. If you looked at Soda, you could tell he was getting stressed because I kept winning.

I kept glancing at Ponyboy and Darry came in with a smirk because everyone except Ponyboy and Johnny knew about my crush on Pony.

"Maybe you should ask him out?" Soda leaned over the table and whispered.

"I don't think he wants to date a kid like me." I sighed.

"You don't know that Malia bug." Soda smiled. Malia bug was my nickname with him, when he first met me he was like 'Hey Malia bug!' It was little moments like these that I cherished, no Soc or Greaser could take that from me.

----
First chapter! I am making Malia have a crush on Ponyboy but it's not a Ponyboy fanfic bc it's mostly talking about her being Johnny's sister.