Chapter 2

He patted the man's shoulder. Nodded to me, and had the guard follow him out. I stood awkwardly for a few seconds before grabbing my back tightly in hand. I followed the direction Fury had pointed to. I walked down a long hallway with doors lining the entirety. I stopped in front of one with a flame duct taped to it.

I snarled inwardly, that is a really sick joke Fury. I ripped it down and opened the door.

The room before me was simple, but cool. The bed hung against the ceiling by thick braided rope, and a desk sat beneath it. No computer, but a thick sketchbook set on top. A plain college dorm-styled dresser sat opposite. A half full bookshelf next to that.

I pulled the clothes out of the bag. I sat stunned to find they were mine. From my dresser. I hadn't planned on leaving, Fury was lucky I didn't have an actual job. I placed the clothes messily into the dresser and kicked off my shoes. I crawled into the bed, realizing how tired I was. Maybe the helicopter nap didn't help me.

I could feel a bright light against my eyelids and rolled away from it. I could still see my dream. I was making food, ha, I can't make food. I felt a slight tug on my hair and whipped around. A hole in my fingers in the shape of a blade handle. I opened my eyes to see the same guard. I croaked out some kind of apology and pulled my hand away slowly. Eyes still locked, and a deep heat flowing to my cheeks. I began to roll over again until he said the forbidden words.

"Training in five minutes."

I waited until he had closed the door before letting out a dinosaur groan. I could hear voices coming from outside, and I rushed to dress. I pulled a light blue shirt on, and some brown capris. I tied my hair into a tight medium ponytail. I stepped into the hallway, shoes on. I could feel the oil covering my face, but I ignored it. I wasn't here to impress anyone, even if I did look like a half melted clown.

I yawned stepping into the livingroom area. I opened my eyes to men. Just men, staring. I held in the yelp and turned on my heel. Almost smacking into another.

"Jesus." I whispered, backing up.

I felt something touch my back, and a crash sound. I groaned inwardly as I turned around. A woman gave me the most tired look I had seen. I instinctively jumped away. Letting out a yelp.

I shook my head, placing my hand over my face. Trying to hide the embarrassment. I rushed to the front door and out onto the gravel road. I paused, I could either go for a run, or I could run. While weighing my options I heard the door open. I kicked at the rocks beneath me. Counting down the amount of time I have to choose, and how much time to get away. I sighed, feeling as my shoulders lowered in defeat. Too late to run.

"I'm just going for a run." I said, not turning back, "Could you tell that woman in there I'm sorry?"

I finally turned and there was a guy just standing there, looking into the woods. He glanced over as I turned fully around to look at him. He was tall, sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Actually, he was kind of gorgeous.

"Sure." He said, giving me a light smile. "Mind if I join you on the run?"

I shook my head, I was sure to have a babysitter this whole time anyway. I couldn't complain. I touched my toes and kicked out a leg high in the air. One knee level to my forehead, then switching.

I started out at a light jog and soon heard his footsteps in tandem with mine. They had little worn trails prepared. It didn't look as though this one had been run on that much. After a distance I decided it was time to pick up the pace. I could feel my chest swelling as my strides lengthened and sped up. Normally company would start to fall behind but he kept perfect pace. In fact, he barely even looked tired. While I had sweat dripping down my back.