Chapter 74: Club Orphan

~Cami POV~

"When you invited me to meet you, I had no idea we were gonna have such a beautiful guest." Vincent said as he made faces at Grace when he arrived at the bar, but his giddy demeanour dulled quickly as he looked properly at the O'Connell. "You have blood right there."

"Oh yeah. You oughta to see my dry-cleaning bill." The blonde joked.

"Uh-huh" He rolled his eyes as he climbed behind the bar and poured them both a glass of whiskey.

"Drinking in front of a baby." She said, tilting her head slightly. "New all-time low?"

"Well, you did bring her to a bar." Vincent said, laughing at her.

"Oh yeah." She muttered half-heartedly as she thought about what Fiore had said to her earlier.

"Oooh, I know that look. Sense of obligation. Duty." He told her as he clicked their drinks together. "What do you feel like you owe these people?"

Cami gave him an unimpressed look and rolled her eyes, making him chuckle and shrug. There was only room for so many psychologists in town.

"You forget, I have a few psychology degrees from before the family you're so wrapped up in stole my body."

"So you're head-shrinking me now?" She asked, rolling her eyes at him once again.

"No, I'm trying to figure out why a smart, level-headed woman such as yourself would choose to stick around a town that, to my eyes, seems to offer you nothing but danger." He said, staring at her intently.

"I'm the last of my family line! The O'Connells have a long legacy here." She quickly answered, simultaneously turning away from him.

"Uh-uh. Don't feed me that legacy crap, Camille. You wanna talk about legacies? My mama, her mama, and they daddy before them were some of the wickedest witches the west side of this city has ever seen. And yet still, I'm able to walk away from magic because I know that it's not good for me—just like Niklaus and Fiore and they whole damn clan are not good for you, Camille." Vincent warned her sternly.

"So, you're walking away, huh? More like you're dumping your responsibilities on a teenager who doesn't know any better." She countered, raising her eyebrow sceptically at him.

"Oh, Davina knows better." He told her. "She knows a hell of a lot more than she should. And, if she's not careful, she doesn't walk the right line? She's gonna end up being the wickedest of them all. You mark my words."

"Then why leave her without a teacher?" Cami asked in confusion.

"Fair play." He said with a shrug. "Pick a fight, call me out, but, um... from one head-shrink to another? What is it that you're deflecting from yourself?"

"You wanna know why I stay in town?"

"Yeah."

"Because... against every ounce of my better judgment, my sanity, and my common sense..." She took a long pause before finishing that sentence. "It turns out, I have complicated feelings for someone all-powerful and unpredictable."

"Mmm." Vincent said with a knowing chuckle. "And does this all-powerful and unpredictable guy have complicated feelings for you?"

"I don't know." She hesitated before talking again. "But her husband felt the need to call me out on it, so..."

"Did you say her husband?" Vincent questioned, looking at her in complete surprise.

"Yeah." She said with a laugh. He sighed and downed his glass in one gulp before pouring another.

"We gonna need another bottle."

~Fiore POV~

Elijah, Rebekah, Nik and I had arrived at the warehouse where their aunt had been holding their eldest sister captive. Freya sat in a binding circle, her eyes red from the tears she had shed and their aunt towering over her like the evil captor that she was known to be.

"However you thought you might mend me, please know that you never could." Dahlia told Freya. "When I looked in your eyes, I saw your mother—my sister that turned my heart to stone. And with that same stone, I will crush each and every one of her children."

"Elijah, you stay with Esther." I instructed. He nodded and left Rebekah, Nik and I to face Dahlia.

"Isn't there a saying about stones and glass houses?" Nik asked her.

"In case the analogy is lost on you, I believe my husband is calling you a hypocritical bitch." I helped clarify.

"Bringing vampires to a witch fight." Dahlia replied, shaking her head in disappointment. "Someone hasn't learnt their lesson."

"Oh, come on Dahlia, no one knows more than I that Nik can be a bit thick sometimes but he definitely listened on this occasion." I countered with a false smile.

"You mean you?" She asked whilst rolling her eyes at me.

"No, I mean her." I answered as I pointed at Esther who had now been brought in by Elijah.

"My sister... in chains? Hahaha! Is she to be a gift to buy your freedom? Because I brought something too." Dahlia said, laughing as she pulled out the white oak stake.

"One stake, four of us. Even if you don't hesitate, the other three will rip you in half." Klaus said smugly.

"Sound thinking. But such small thinking." She held up the stake and threw it into the air, where it exploded into tiny pieces and began to cascade around us effectively killing us all. I tried to use my magic to direct them towards me, as I would wake up, but the effects of the stake had already started to take a toll on me. It was too late.

"You're killing them!" Freya screeched in desperation.

"Now sister." Dahlia said, turning to Esther who looked pained by seeing us all dying. "Let us watch together as I burn your children from the inside out."

"You still carry around so much anger for me after all these years?" Esther said as she began to walk towards her sister.

"You broke your vow! We were to stand together, always and forever, and you left to marry that brutish Viking imbecile. You ended my family, and they were the result." Dahlia shot back angrily.

"You call this my wrongdoing? You made me bargain away my firstborn child! My daughter!" Esther shrieked.

"Not just this firstborn, but every firstborn!" Dahlia told her but as she spoke, she failed to notice Nik get up to his feet with the blade made to kill Dahlia in his hands. "And even then, you found a way to deny me that which you had sworn to be mine! How do you think that felt?"

Klaus leapt for Dahlia but she threw him backwards with a quick wave of her hand, causing the blade to drop out of his hand.

"Now Esther, say goodbye to the last of your children." Dahlia clenched her hand into a fist and lifted Freya from the floor, strangling her to death.

"Sister, wait!" Esther pleaded, edging closer to her sister. "You've won, Dahlia. You have everything you ever wanted, including the firstborn of a new generation! You have bested us all. At least let me try to make amends. Let me share with you the glorious freedom that I have found... in death."

She began to strangle her sister with her chains, causing Dahlia to release the magical hold she had on Freya. Freya then broke her magic circle and freed the four of us from the sickness the white oak stake had put us under.

"Elijah!" Esther said, gesturing towards Dahlia, who she was now struggling to keep at bay. Elijah picked the blade, and after Esther gave him the go-ahead, he tossed it to Klaus who in turn, stabbed his mother in the back which pierced through the heart of their aunt, killing them both.

We had done it. Dahlia was gone. I looked back at the Mikaelsons, who also seemed slightly shocked that we had managed to pull it off, and let out a sigh of relief. "Welcome back to Club Orphan."

A/N: DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD! Final chapter coming up, I cri. I hope you enjoyed! If you did, then please vote, comment and follow! X