Davao Anxiety Part 2 (PG)

Summary: Leni pays a private visit to Davao to see Rodrigo and to check on the Davao bombing victims.

~

Leni traveled to Davao last Saturday evening in private around 9PM. She avoided the media and had her visit to be set as discreet as possible. President Duterte immediately sent assistance to her that evening due to his inability to personally accommodate her because of his responsibilities.

"Ma'am diyan muna kayo magstay for the night. You may go public tomorrow morning of Sunday." He instructed her. "'Di tayo magkikita ngayong gabi, sir?" She replied. "I'll be there ma'am. Stop worrying." He responded.

Leni sighed as she felt heavy. She's now in Davao staying at a private house owned by Digong but her early arrival in Davao was beyond the media and public's awareness.

Hours later, Digong finally finished his tasks and went to Leni's place. "Ma'am nandito na po si president." One of her PSG informed her. She stood up in eagerness, Digong entered her room with a smile upon seeing her.

The PSGs closed the door for some privacy. She swiftly ran to him and hugged him tightly not uttering a single word. He felt so relieved seeing her, he rubbed her back and smiled. He suddenly felt her sniffling lightly. "It's okay ma'am—"

"Anong okay? Asar na asar na ako sir!" She interjects slightly stunning him. "Alam niyo bang alalang alala na ako kagabi kakaisip sayo nagpunta ka pa dito tapos inutusan mo yung buong malacañang na pagbawalan ako pumunta? Nakakastress eh!" She complained, Digong's emotionless face turned into smiling. He felt her sincere worry for him.

"Syempre I don't want you to go here last night because it's very dangerous and I'm not sure if the area is stable and purely safe, ma'am." He explained. "O? Alam mo naman palang hindi pa safe, bakit pumunta ka parin?" She retorted. "Leni... Hindi pwedeng we are both in a risky area. Kung may mangyayari, hindi pwedeng tayong dalawa. Dapat isa lang." He replied. "So kung may second bombing hayaan ko nalang may mangyari sa'yo? Sir naman! Ano bang klaseng ano yan?" She wanted to bawl out loud in intense worry for him.

Rodrigo couldn't think of a response, he knew she was very emotional and just concerned for him, he couldn't blame her for that. Yet, he knew he is also right for not allowing her to go last night as per for her safety. Silence crept in.

Leni looked at him and started to cry. "Ma'am..." He uttered. She looked away and weeped. "Ayoko kasing may mangyari sa'yo e..." She continued crying, he hugged her and made her cry on his chest. She was so precious to him.

"Wag nang umiyak, Leni. Sus. Nothing happened to me? Bakit pa iiyak?" He rubbed her back. "Kase naman e!" She uttered and continued crying on his chest. "Sige na ma'am. You can visit the victims tomorrow... Ay madaling araw na pala. Today. Mamayang umaga ma'am. I'll just be around." He gave his permission.

"You can go back to Naga mamayang gabi narin." He suggested. "Ikaw?" She asked. "I'll be staying. Kausapin ko pa sila Paolo at Sara sa gagawin dito." He explained. Leni sighed heavily with her teary eyes looking at him. "I'll be back to Manila sa Monday ma'am. Sure yan because I'll be flying to Laos for the ASEAN summit." He assured.

"You have to go back to Naga after your visit para safe. Mahirap na because the bombers might be just around. I need to protect you." He added. Leni knew she couldn't do anything to convince him to think about his safety too, he loved Davao so much, he won't leave until he's sure that the people are safe.

"Basta pangako mo na iingatan mo sarili mo." She made him pledge to him. "Of course, ma'am." He promised.

At some points she felt relieved. She took a nap and waited until the morning to prepare herself for her visit to the victims.