Chapter 1

"Let's get married," Camila proposes as she sits in her brand new apartment that she is sharing with her girlfriend. Lauren begins to choke on the water that she was currently drinking.

"Is this something Dinah said again," Lauren ask, knowing that their best friend has more times than one joked about them needing to get married and Camila taking it seriously.

"No, I mean maybe. I don't know, babe. We've been together almost six years now and we're almost done with college. It's about time to get married don't you think," Camila reasons, knowing that it also was Dinah and Georgia's wedding coming up in two months also.

"Still sad that Dinah and Normani didn't become endgame together," Lauren sighs even thought it was her best friend's fault.

"Why? So what if Normani cheated? Because of that cheating she is now mothering adorable twins and chasing her dreams at the same time. And Dinah has been the happiest I've ever seen these past two years with Georgia," Camila reasons with her girlfriend. Lauren nods her head in agreement to her girlfriend's words.

"We need jobs, baby. We need money before a wedding," Lauren gets back on topic, knowing that Camila hasn't found herself a job with her almost diploma yet. No one wants an autistic veterinarian apparently.

"No, we need money for kids, not a wedding. Both of our parents already decided that when that time comes they'd split the cost," Camila reminds her girlfriend.

"What about a ring," Lauren ask as a last concern.

"I got one when Dinah and I went to get Georgia's," Camila lets her girlfriend in on the secret.

"How have you hid it that long," Lauren questions, knowing how sucky she is at hiding things from her.

"Quit stalling and just say you'll marry me already," Camila says bluntly, not a worry in her mind of Lauren saying no.

"Name the place and time, baby," Lauren blushes at how cheesy that was. Camila stands up and walks over their dresser. Lauren watches as she pulls something out before coming back over.

"June 27 at 6 sharp in your parents' backyard," Camila says as she lowers herself to one knee and opens the case to show the ring.

"June 27 at 6 o'clock in my parents' backyard," Lauren repeats with the smile that Camila loves on her face. Camila takes the ring out of the small box and slides it onto her now fiancé's ring finger.

"I love you," Camila tells her, the moment gets erupted by the sound of paws on the hard wood floor.

"Charlie! Hi, baby," Lauren exclaims, taking the dog into her arms. She kisses her on the head before setting her back onto the ground. Camila pets the dog on the head before leaning over to give Lauren a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you," Lauren says when Camila pulls away. Camila smiles at her before standing up.

"What're you doing," Lauren ask as she watches her girlfriend, well fiancé now, pick up one of their boxes.

"We need to unpack now, it's too messy," Camila lets her know before making her way to their bedroom with the box. Lauren follows behind her with another on their boxes in hand. They begin to unpack, setting the boxes down on the mattress in the room.

"It'll obviously be a small wedding, but what if the weather is bad or we can't find a priest or we can't find dresses," Lauren begins to ramble, her thoughts becoming too loud to not vocalize.

"Babe, I've been planning this. You know how I am, I've got it all figured out. Leave this up to me please," Camila reassures, stopping to wrap her arms around Lauren's waist into a hug. Lauren noticeably relaxes into her grip. They were interrupted by a loud bang from downstairs, they both sprint to the kitchen.