Chapter 2

"Shit, Camz. I'm going to be late for work," Lauren panics, rushing around their small apartment trying to get ready.

"Don't forget to be back by two, so that you'll be here when Normani drops Rain off," Camila says sternly, handing Lauren her set of keys that she obviously misplaced.

"Right, two. I'll be here. Have a nice day, babe. I love you," Lauren says quickly, giving Camila a kiss on the cheek before practically sprinting out the door. Camila chuckles and decides that she better get ready for her job interview today, she can't work for Clara forever. Camila loves being her assistant and seeing a lot of people like her, but she'd much rather be around animals than humans. Camila puts on a nice button up shirt and a skirt after taking her shower. She pulls her hair up into a bun, not having time to dry it and heads out after saying goodbye to Charlie. She walks to the animal hospital that wasn't even three blocks away. Camila finally comes across it and walks in, up to the front desk. She looks around the place and notices how busy it is right now.

"Hi, I'm here for my job interview," Camila says quietly to the lady, not making eye contact. The lady only nods before sending her back, giving barely any instructions to where to go. But Camila finally gets there one way or another. She knocks on the door and hears a soft 'come in' from inside the room, Camila walks in to find a lady inspecting a parrot.

"Hi, I'm here for the job opening," Camila says, trying to sound more confident.

"Okay, honey. Will you come here and see if you can help me," the other woman ask and Camila swiftly walks over to the examination table to help the room.

"Just lift the wing slightly, dear," she instructs Camila, even though Camila already knew this. Camila does as she's told and helps the older woman find just the spot.

"Just as I suspected, another cyst," she sighs, leaving Camila confused.

"Another? There's been more," Camila ask slightly curious over this 'patient'.

"Yeah, little Rodney here is a monthly comer with these nasty things. Just can't figure out how to get them to stop coming completely," she sighs, obviously pained over it all.

"I'm guessing your Lisa," Camila says as she watches her do a workup on the bird. She nods her head in response, clearly concentrating on her work.

"Since you're here, why don't you tell this birdy's mama about the procedure we'll have to do," Lisa suggest as she guides Camila out into the waiting room area. Camila follows her over to a brunette who seems enthralled in 'To Kill a Mockingbird.'

"Lovely book," Camila compliments as she walks up to her, Lisa close enough to be able to hear.

"It's my favorite. I'm guessing your here to tell me Rodney has another cyst, correct," the lady ask with a sigh. Camila nods her head at the woman's words.

"Yes, he'll need a surgery. We'll-" Camila begins, but is cut off by the older looking woman.

"I already know the procedure, honey. You can save your breathe, go right ahead and take it out," she says with a faint smile on her face as a goodbye. Camila walks back over to Lisa and stands in front of her.

"Can I trust you to do this," Lisa ask cautiously, not wanting to over do it. Camila nods excitedly.

"Don't you have to hire me first," Camila ask curiously.

"Oh, I forgot all about that. You're hired, so be here at 7 tomorrow morning and make sure to be wearing these. We'll be doing Rodney's surgery first thing," Lisa says handing over a pair of scrubs before rushing off to take care of another animal. Camila walks out of the small clinic and makes her way home. She makes it home just in time, Lauren was opening their apartment door as she made it up the last stair.