Chapter 7

Shiro just sat there in the cell, looking devastated by what Keith had said. He noticed a hand shaped bruise on Lance's throat. Shiro wondered if it was him that made the bruise. That would explain why Lance was so scared of him. He went dark side and he was having a hard time thinking of why it happened. The last thing he remembered was a voice and a high pitched tone.

"Zarkon is advancing on him. What can we do? He could be using Shiro to track us for all we know." Keith said to Allura as they watched him from behind a thick sheet of altean glass. "Well, I suppose we will have to keep him like this until we figure out what to do." Keith could hear the hurt in Allura's voice as she watched Shiro. "I'm gonna go check on Lance." The red paladin left the room, sitting next to his boyfriend on the couch. "You okay Lance?" The blue eyed boy looked up at him, clearly exhausted and scared. "Yeah.. I'm just tired." Keith sat next to his boyfriend, holding his hand. "Babe you have to tell me what you're thinking. I want to help." After a few moments of silent, Lance spoke shakily. "I-I just never thought Shiro would hurt any of us... How are we supposed to trust him after that? W-Why would he even... he tried to kill us." The red paladin gently rubbed Lance's back soothingly. "Yeah, Allura and I were saying the same thing earlier, we still don't know why he attacked us but we are going to talk to him about it. He looked like he felt terrible about what he did. I'm sure he wants to apologize to you, if you want to talk to him." Lance only nodded, holding Keith's hand tightly. "I saw the bruise.... Its so dark and ugly.... And it hurts to swallow." "I know baby, we can put some ice on it, that'll help a bit. "

They tried a bunch or remedies to fade the bruise, but only a bit of the redness went down. Lance just decided to rest for a while, Keith of course staying with him. But in the middle of the night, Keith swore he heard Kuro calling out to him. He got up and went into the cell Shiro was in. "Shiro?.." The black paladin turned to show a flash of yellow eyes. "Wrong. You, Keith, are special. But to be really honest, I think youre a freak." Keith felt a pang of hurt swell in his chest. "No... You're not Shiro! He would never say that to me!" "Why don't you show me the pathetic galra inside you? Disgusting. " Keith started getting angry. He clenched his teeth, feeling his fangs extend and his skin turn to purple fur. Hot tears of frustration and hurt ran down his cheeks.

"Look at you, you pathetic, ugly creature." That was enough to push Keith over the edge. He busted open the door to the cell, leapt at Shiro, and clawed at him, screaming at him. "Give me back our Shiro!!! Go away!!" Allura and Lance came running in to see Keith at his throat, the two fighting each other. They didn't know what to do, Lance only calling out for his boyfriend.

Shiro shoved the half galra boy to the wall across the small room, knocking the air out of him. Keith slashed at Shiro, managing to get a scratch on his cheek. He growled as his arm glowed purple, punching Keith in the stomach and his face over and over. Keith yelped, trying to fight back by scratching and kicking at Shiro. The galra boy landed a solid kick to Shiro's nether area, making him release his grip on Keith's shirt. He ran out of the room, shutting the dented door behind him enough to where it would lock. Lance grabbed the red paladin's hand, looking at him worriedly. "Keith youre bleeding a lot, let's go to the infirmary and I'll patch you up." The raven haired boy nodded, letting Lance pull him to the infirmary.

Allura and Coran thought it would be best to reinforce Shiro's cell with a stronger door and soundproof walls to keep this from happening again. Hunk and Pidge saw Keith as the couple was walking down the hall to the infirmary, and Lance told them everything. "I need to take care of Keith. Could you guys go see what's going on with Allura?" The two nodded, leaving them alone.

Keith went back to normal once the adrenaline wore off, feeling the pain of his injuries, groaning as Lance cleaned him up. "You're blushing, Lance." The older boy said with a half smirk. "Shut up, its not my fault you're hot even all bloody and beat up." Lance mumbled, his cheeks turning a darker pink. "How about when you finish, we go cuddle?" Lance nodded in response as he bandaged the cuts on his face.

After Lance finished, they went to Keith's room and cuddled until they both fell asleep.