Five

Another late night for Nico resulted in a very tired Nico the next day. Piper had not been kidding when she said her father was a big fan of Ghost King. He really, really was. And last night when he Skyped them both to discuss the TV show business (in disguise with his voice modifier on of course) it turned into a very long conversation. The beginning was of course about the show but then it got a bit off track. And didn’t end until one in the morning.

He was sooooooooo fucking tired.

So really, it wasn’t his fault that he fell asleep during the day. Multiple times, in fact.

At lunch he notified Jason that he was going to take a nap so to not worry that he wasn’t at their usual table. Jason of course understood since he did talk to Piper for a bit last night. So that’s how Nico found himself sleepily looking for a good place to catch some Z’s. Eventually he settled for the Demeter Garden that students knew about but it was slightly hidden between the science building and visual arts building so he figured he would be mostly alone.

So he threw his backpack on the ground underneath the shade of a weeping willow, honestly this garden was more like a humongous green house than a garden, and promptly laid his head on it and got comfortable. He slipped off his jacket just to drape it over himself like a blanket as he curled up into a little ball of sleepiness. A content sigh left his lips as sweet sweet sleep pulled him in.

___________________________

Will had been talking to his anatomy teacher about the upcoming project they were going to do so he had already been late to lunch with his friends so he had decided to just have lunch there in the science building, well more specifically in Demeter’s Garden. Seriously this school was too obsessed with Greek and Roman myths.

Him and Nico often talked and complained about it actually. Especially since both their fathers were named after Greek gods, actually their group of friend’s parent’s were all named after Greek/Roman gods or goddesses or heroes. Nico once joked that it was a requirement to get into the school.

Thinking of Nico brought a fond smile to Will’s lips.

He liked him. Like, really liked him. And how could he not? Nico was great! He was funny, in a dark humor kind of way at times, he was smart, like ridiculously so, and it certainly didn’t hurt that he was so gorgeous.

That thought made a sigh escape Will’s lips as he walked around the garden in search of a bench or at least a shady place to eat his lunch. But then he spotted something underneath the weeping willow tree.

He got closer and was utterly shocked to see the boy of his very thoughts.

‘Speak of the devil, no…angel. God….I’m glad he can’t read my mind. Even I know that that was cheesy.’ Will thought as he looked down at the sleeping italian and smiled.

He was so adorable! He was laying on his side curled up into loose ball, his messy hair was splashed against his pale skin and covering his face more so than usual, Will could barely see his eyelashes, which we so long Will thought, and his mouth was slightly parted. And boy did he look comfortable. But what made Will worry was the dark circles he could barely make out. They seemed worse than yesterday. Well he couldn’t know for sure anyway since Nico’s dark hair was almost completely covering his eyes so Will did something he would deny. He sat in front of the Italian and brushed the hair out of his face.

And he would so deny the fact that he gasped softly at the sight. Nico was just so beautiful. Will sometimes had a hard time controlling his thoughts and actions when he looked at Nico, or heard him speaking, or okay, whenever or whatever Nico did something. He was in deep.

But sure enough, Will was right. The dark circles were worse than yesterday. Had he had another late night? Maybe he just couldn’t sleep? Or maybe he was being a little shit and playing video games late last night even though Will has told him, on multiple occasions, that that was bad for his health! But really, if the blond were to tell him that today, well he would be a hypocrite since he stayed up really late watching more Ghost King videos. He wasn’t even close to catching up with everyone since he had a lot of videos. A loooooottttttttt. It was ridiculous.

But they were so goooooooood! Will loved them. They made him stay on the edge of seat, hugging a pillow, with his heart racing the entire time he watched them. They were amazing. But he meant what he said yesterday. Ghost King reminded him of Nico. They’re heights were the same, his attitude during the videos was strangely close to Nico’s as well. And just the small things he did made Will think of Nico whenever he watched the videos. Will was barely on episode 8 and during all those episodes all he could see was Nico.

He even thought that perhaps Nico himself was the Ghost King, it wasn’t all that far fetched of an idea he thought so he decided to watch Nico more closely, more than usual. And when he brought up that Ghost King reminded Will of Nico, well he noticed the slight twitch of Nico’s right eye, he always did that when he was trying not to let someone see his surprise or nervousness. Now it could have been that he was just surprised at the fact Will thought about him or that someone would compare him to a famous YouTuber, or he was nervous because Will found him out. He couldn’t know for sure.

Will snapped out of thoughts in favor of going back to worrying about his crush. Who was still sound asleep. Will bit his lip because he really didn’t want to disturb him but it was also very unhealthy that Nico hadn’t eaten. So the blond took in a deep breath and began to gently shake the sleeping boy awake.

_______________________

Nico let out an annoyed groan and tried to burrow further into his makeshift blanket but someone had taken it from him.

“Hey, Neeks, you got to wake up and eat something. Come on Death Boy, I know you’re tired but you do gotta eat.” A very familiar voice cooed softly.

Nico let out a reluctant groan as he forced his eyes open. (Will would say they fluttered open) and sat up slowly. He looked around blearily before rubbing his eyes to try and make himself wake up more. Once he felt he was at least awake enough to make a comprehensible sentence he looked at the alarmingly gorgeous boy before him. “What are you doing here Solace?” He mumbled, but it came out more like, ’ Wha oo oing ere Solaccccce?’ And Will was absolutely besotted.

Once Nico was fully awake Will insisted they share his homemade lunch of pasta, vitamin water, kettle cooked potatoes chips, and a slice of apple pie. Nico, after much arguing agreed and they ate happily talking about everything and anything they could think of until lunch ended. From there they parted ways and continued on with their days.

At the end of the day Nico put on his Ghost King outfit and gear and took a deep breath in as he and his father (whom was wearing a skull mask) stepped into The Oracle TV studio.