Chapter Nine: Crepes

Tsukishima found out that (F/n) couldn't skate when Hinata created a new chat over the weekend for the first years. Yachi had added (F/n) in a few minutes after Hinata asked if everyone was free.

Tsukishima
[10:42 am] What's this about?

Hinata
[10:42 am] Well I was wondering if you guys wanted to go skating at a new rink that opened by my house?

(F/n)
[10:42 am] Shoyo, you seem much more dignified when you text.

Tsukishima snorted. He actually found that amusing. He decided that this little crush of his was going to be troubling, if he was going to find little snide comments from the new kid funny.

Yachi
[10:43 am] When are we going?

Hinata
[10:43 am] This afternoon or tomorrow, if you're all available!

Kageyama
[10:44 am] I'm free all weekend.

Yamaguchi
[10:44 am] I'm free as well!

Tsukki figured that if Yamaguchi was going, he'd may as well join in as well. Besides, he had a small interest in architecture, and wanted to see the new building and what it looked like, since new builds were always interesting. He sighed, heaving himself off of his bed and tromping downstairs to find his mom, asking her if he was able to go.

Tsukishima
[10:46 am] I can go.

He sent.

Yachi
[10:47 am] I can as well!

(F/n)
[10:47 am] My parents don't like me walking alone.

Kageyama
[10:48 am] I can come pick you up, if you'd like.

Tsukishima
[10:48 am] You can't even read sign language. You wouldn't be able to know what she's saying, lest she use her whiteboard, which I think would be hard to use while walking.

Yamaguchi
[10:48 am] He has a point...

(F/n)
[10:48 am] Is it alright if I ask Kim to come? He lives really close to me. So it won't bother any of you.

Hinata
[10:49 am] Sure!

The conversation whipped by quickly, and they all agreed to meet up for lunch then go to the rink. There was a fair being held by the rink, Hinata had informed, and lots of good food was there. He and his younger sister had gone out there the night before to see it, he'd added in, which didn't really reassure Kei about the quality.

***
You were so suspicious back then! (F/n) let out a small huff as she signed that, giving Kei a disapproving frown.

"Well, I had a right to be." Kei pointed out, and (F/n) jabbed him in the shoulder with a pointer finger. The pair frowned at each other, then Tsukki picked up from where he left off, leaving the other boys thoroughly amused.
***

After an hour, Kei had arrived at the place Hinata had described. A large bench beside a water fountain. He didn't have to wait long until Yachi, Hinata, Kageyama and Yamaguchi showed up. Kim and (F/n) came jogging up a few minutes later.

"Sorry if we're late." Kim breathed, placing his hands on his knees for a moment. "We read some directions wrong and had to do a complete U-turn."

(F/n) gave the group an apologetic smile. She obviously hadn't seen Kim speak, but she seemed to understand that he was talking, because she didn't add or re-explain.

"Let's get something to eat." Yamaguchi suggested. "I haven't had anything yet and I'm starving."

Famished. (F/n) agreed with a curt nod, and Kim snickered from what Kei suspected was her fancy language and the spirally way she'd gestured it to.

Yachi glanced around, before her eyes landed on something. "Crepes?"

Kim's eyes brightened significantly, and said in complete unison with Hinata, "Crepes." The two stared at each other, then high fived. Kei frowned a little. It appeared that he might've had the wrong opinion on this kid.

As they reached the stand, (F/n) tapped him. He looked down at her expectantly, and she smiled at him before signing.

What are you having? She rocked back on the balls of her feet. I don't really know what's good, since my parents rarely let me have sweets.

***
"Must protect the children from cavities." Kuroo crowed, and Kei frowned at him for interrupting with such a stupid comment. Kuroo didn't make anymore remarks.
***

The strawberry kind. Kei decided without giving it much thought. Though the chocolate ones are good as well. Do you want me to order for you?

(F/n) quickly nodded, and dug into her bag for some money. She looked at the price, then gave him the right amount to place the order. As she was given her treat, she struggled, clearly wanting to thank the vendor but having no hands to do so. She looked slightly panicky for a moment, then Kim smoothly stepped in.

"She says thank you." He told the vendor with a grin, tapping his ear to notify the vendor of her deafness. She relaxed as the vendor gave her a smile and a nod.

"I think we can all agree on not telling our parents about this unhealthy lunch?" Hinata piped up, his face already smeared in chocolate cream.

"I think our parents already know." Kim mused, and the group laughed, enjoying their crepes. (F/n) even plucked a strawberry from hers and placed it on Kei's with a wide grin.

Have a wonderful Christmas, guys!