Say I love you

A/N: So decided to make these one shots, a friend told me to write a marichat so here it is :)

Marinette stared out of the window while Mrs. Bustier was babbling about some reading assignment. She had been spacing out of class recently, thinking of a certain someone. Not Adrien, but Chat Noir. She certainly thought he was a big flirt and never fell for him and his charms. She definitely felt bad about thinking about him and not Adrien. Adrien was the one she loved, not Chat! But Chat had been so different to her as Marinette, then as ladybug. He talked to her more, and didn't try to charm her every moment. Of course he always took the opportunity to show off, and after saving Nathaniel, he had flirted with her a bit. But it was different. Marinette was lost into her own thoughts and she was so busy she didn't hear Adrien call her name.

"Marinette?" "Marinette?" He called.

"Huh? She shot up.

" Do you want to be partners?" Adrien said.

"Adrien? Oh-oh sure." Marinette stammered.

They spent the rest of the time working on their project, but Marinette was barely working and had a smile on her face. Adrien looked at her while he worked, a frown appearing on his face. Who is she thinking about, he thought jealously, but then shook his head. No, Mari was a friend, but as Chat Noir maybe she was more to him. Marinette filed out of school later that day and went home, shutting herself in her room.

"What are you thinking about?" Tikki asked.

" Oh I don't know just some..." just then she heard a thump on her ceiling. She hid Tikki quickly and went to check. It turned out to be Chat Noir, who was sitting on her balcony.

"Chat!" She hissed, "what are you doing here?"

" I wanted to see you Mari" he said sheepishly

At that sentence, Marinette blushed a little. No one really called her Mari, it was nice for Chat to call her that.

"Ahh, so my princess likes to be called Mari." Chat said and smirked a little, seeing how Marinette blushed harder, refusing to look at him.

When she didn't look at him for a while, Chat said, "Mari? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

But Marinette just surprised him and gave him a hug. "You didn't offend me." She whispered.

Chat hugged her back, relishing her warmth, the way that she squeezed him like he might let go, her hair rustling in the breezy night, he almost didn't want to let go, but he did.

"Let's look at the stars" he whispered, cupping Marinette's cheek. She nodded once, her eyes never leaving his. Chat's eyes shone more brightly than ever in the night, and they seemed to brighten just by looking her. Together, Marinette and Chat sat down and watched the starts together, sitting in each other's warmth and pointing out different constellations.

"Do you wish we could live differently?" Marinette said.

"Yes, I wish we could live a different life, where things wouldn't be so hard." Chat whispered.

Marinette sighed, and Chat could see the sadness on her face. So he did it. "Marinette", he whispered, pushing away a strand of hair from her eyes, " I love you."

Marinette gasped softly and kissed his cheek. "I love you too mon chaton. Chat could his heart bursting. He would tell her everything, he decided, and they would maybe have a chance at something normal, he looked at Marinette who was fast asleep, and thought, maybe it can wait. And the black cat fell into a comforting sleep, with his princess.