April showers

Ah, April. Spring might have already started but this was the month when it began to finally feel like spring. Of course, it usually felt the same year round in Jump City, but that was beside the point. And, since it was spring, this meant it was time for the mayor's annual charity spring dance. The Titans always went, since the money always went to a good cause. This year it was going to the children's hospital to fund the research on finding a cure for leukemia.

"Robin, your tie is crooked," said Starfire, fixing her boyfriend's tie for the third time.

"No matter what I do it's always crooked," grumbled Robin. "I hate wearing suits."

"But you look so handsome!" Starfire said with a smile.

"Doesn't make me feel any less uncomfortable," he said, shifting about. "Anyway, you look beautiful."

"Oh, thank you," she gushed. She was wearing a lovely light green floral print dress that matched her eyes. Her red hair was up in a high bun with lovely butterfly clips about it. Starfire liked the stress the point that it was spring. "Would you like to come get something to drink with me?"

"Sure," Robin shrugged and the two made their way over to the wet bar.

Cyborg stood in the corner of the room with Beast Boy, the two trying to fix his malfunctioning holograph ring. Well, Cyborg was trying to fix it. Beast Boy was there to tell him when it was working right.

"How about now?" he asked.

"No, it's still fuzzy," said Beast Boy.

Cyborg grumbled and tweaked it a little with the built in screwdriver in his finger. He put it back on and said, "Any better?"

"Only the upper half part of you is tuxed," said Beast Boy, leaning against the wall, bored.

He took the ring off again and fiddled with it a little more. Again, he slipped it back on his finger. "Now?" he asked.

"Yes! Finally!" said Beast Boy. "Okay, my advice, don't touch that thing for the rest of the night."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to," said Cyborg, converting his screwdriver finger back into a, well, a finger. "Now, where's that girl I was talking to?"

"She's already dancing with a guy," said Beast Boy, pointing her out.

"Aw, man," said Cyborg. "Stupid ring."

"Don't worry, dude, you'll get another chance when the next song starts," said Beast Boy, patting his buddy on the back. "So… have you seen Raven?"

"Not recently," said Cyborg. "Why? You gonna blow another chance to ask her to dance?"

"I'm not gonna blow it this time," said Beast Boy.

"Ten bucks says you do, just like you have for the past three years," said Cyborg.

"You're on," said Beast Boy. "I was just a kid back then, but now I'm all man and I'm totally ready to ask her out, uh, I mean to dance."

"Ooh, what was that?!" said Cyborg, smiling like a madman. "Have a Freudian slip, did we?"

"No!" said Beast Boy.

"You wanna ask her out!" said Cyborg. "You really likeher, don't you?"

"I just wanna ask her to dance, that's all!" said Beast Boy, his cheeks and collarbone burning with a blush. "It doesn't mean anything."

"Yeah, right," said Cyborg, rolling his eyes and laughing. "Just go ask her already. I bet you don't even get three words out before you mess it up."