Chapter 1

Maru was about to turn around when her body collided against something hard.

"Hey!" Caught off guard, a shrill cry came out of her mouth. The tray that she was holding in her hands swayed and rocked, spilling the contents of her ordered iced-blended espresso and moist dark chocolate.

She gasped when the cold coffee splashed on her chest, dampening her white see-through blouse. The cold liquid seeped through the fabric of her blouse and she jerked when she felt the stinging cold sensation on her skin, rocking the tray even more, pushing the moist cake crashing toward her chest, staining her already wet blouse.

Damn! What a disgrace!

And she gasped even harder when she realized that her bra became evident because the wet fabric of her blouse stuck to her skin, showing a good view of her full breasts as if she was naked.

Embarrassed, her face turned scarlet red. She just didn't look messy and dirty, but she also looked like a rain-showered pathetic chick.

Great! Just great!

The tray totally slipped from her hands and fell to the floor, creating a loud blagging noise that took everyone's attention.

"Oh, I'm really so sorry, Ma'am. It's not my intention to do this to you. It was an accident," the staff who collided against her was very apologetic, and he was almost in a panic, especially, when he saw the unpleasant look on her face.

She glared at him, castigating him with her hard eyes. She was quite angry, and his sorry wouldn't alleviate the anger that was brewing inside her.

She wasn't just plainly angry. She was actually seething in anger. She was humiliated in front of a lot of people, for crying out loud! The patrons that were inside Coffee Best threw her their curious stares. The men were looking at her chest with lewd interest.

And his sorry wouldn't do a thing. The damage had already been done. She was now soaking wet with a dirty clothes inside an upscale coffee shop.

"Shit!" her cuss was crisp and loud. She was really annoyed and upset.

The uniformed staff shrank in front of her, flushed and shaking as if very afraid.

That softened her anger a little bit. She pitied him. But then, again, it was his fault!

"Why weren't you looking your way, huh?" she said, still annoyed. She ran her hand over her chest to remove the remnants of the moist dark chocolate that clung to her blouse, cleaning her sorry self, but to no avail. Her blouse was already unsalvageable since the cake had already smeared on it.

"I'm really so sorry, Ma'am. It was really an accident..." the staff humbly bowed his head at her as he apologized. Then, he cleaned up the mess on the floor.

"Your sorry won't change the fact that I am now messed up and soaking wet," she said sarcastically.

Well, she really couldn't help not to act like a biatch when she was so frustrated and upset. This was really an unfortunate scenario. She still had an appointment later on that she had to attend to, and here she was, looking like a hot mess. Damn!

"This is because you're being careless by not looking your way. Now, look at what you did to me," she continued berating the staff. She was calmer now though and was speaking in a softer tone.

"I'm really so sorry, Ma'am..." the staff apologized again. He was already done cleaning the floor. His grip to the floor mop was firm.

She took a deep breath. The staff was sorry, alright, but what would she do now? She cannot go to her appointment looking like this. Then, an idea struck her mind.