Chapter 9

~~Skylar's pov~~
(AKA Lucy)

Jaxon for once looked vulnerable: his teared up eyes stared into oblivion as he seemed to be in deep thought. Looking at him like that made my heart ached. My hands were wrapped around him while his head were against my upper arm.

"2 years ago, I was just a helpless pup walking its way through life. I had no home, no parents, nothing... All I could do was begging. I begged to everyone who I was always crossed my path. But that was still not enough, because the world was becoming more and more expensive. And if you didn't have the wealth, you're treated as a walking piece of shit. Well then, that was what happened one day.

I was doing my daily routine when suddenly I was kidnapped. When I woke up I saw nothing but merciless faces who lavishly abused me. At first I tried running away and ask for help. But I would always return to the same horrible dungeon. And the treatment would always be worst than before. So I gave up and became tired to the point that I was beginning to be immune to their torture."

While saying so I could see the hurt which was clearly visible on his face. His tears began sliding down his now pink cheeks. This boy right in front of me had a quite similar past to mine. No! Maybe worst...

"My daily life seemed to be engulfed by despair until one day, brother showed up. I still remember as he reached his hand out for me with a small smile plastered on his face while saying, "No need for you to be sad, little one. Let's go home."

Up until now all the rumours about HIM being a selfish arrogant monster born to kill didn't made sense compared to what Jaxon just told me. All I was seeing was the total opposite of whatever I've heard. Honestly I was both happy and relieved.

The little boy next to me wiped his tears and proudly stood up. "Brother taught me that one should never cry when things don't turn out as expected. Instead we should be looking for ways to make it the way we want."

I blinked, out of shock as I heard such matured words coming from a 7 year old kid. I smiled at the thought of Alexander being a good father. Jesus! I didn't know what was wrong with me nowadays.

My hearts would always beat fast whenever Alexander was around and I would always blush whenever we made eyes contacts. I thought I was allergic to him. Somehow...

***

After our interesting interaction in the music room, I became a closer to Jaxon. I saw him more as a little cutie pie rather than a hot blooded little devil. He proposed me to listen to his masterpiece.

Let me tell you, he was a genius; the way his little fingers elegantly pressed the piano tiles made me wonder about the ways he would kill the ladies' heart in the future, just like HIM...

"Alright Jaxon let's go. It's almost lunch time."

I leaned my hand to him so that he could grab it. But let's just say I was expecting too much from him. "I can manage without holding hands. I'm not little anymore."

"Sure thing, you're not." I rolled my eyes. "You're still shorter and younger than me which makes you little."

"Heyyy!!!" He launched at me. I swiftly dodged it and made a run for it.

"Why don't you catch me, LITTLE BOY!" I teased.

I made my way downstairs and looked up. He was not there. Huh? Did he gave up? I didn't think so as he was not the type to back down...