Management

Flashback

The girls and I have tomorrow off and individual hotel rooms for once. I've made the most of the silence all night by scrolling through everything on my computer: Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and eventually moving on to find something to get into on Netflix.

bzzz bzzz I hear my phone vibrate on the bed beside me notifying that I received a text. I pick it up to read what the message said. "I would like the two of you to attend an early meeting with me in my office since you're in LA for a few days. I will send a car to pick you up at 7:30 tomorrow morning, be ready." It had been sent from L.A. Reid to Camila and I. He's never been one to tell us things directly, it almost always comes from assistants; even if he does, it is usually through a conference call, never by text.

~~~

I woke up the next morning at 6 am, so much for sleeping in on a day off, and made my way to the lobby. Catching a glimpse of the other girl down there, I walked towards her. Before I could get a word out, she extends her arm out and offers me the cup of coffee I failed to notice beforehand. I accept it gratefully and take a sip, relishing in the warmth it gave me for a moment.

We see our driver and get into the back of the black SUV. I don't know if I should be concerned or not, we have never had a meeting called with just two of us. It is almost always all five unless if one girl can't make it for whatever reason. Camila isn't helping to calm my nerves, she appears to be falling apart at the seams. Her knees are shaking up and down and she is chewing on her lower lip, some of the habits she has developed when she is anxious. I've finally had enough and grab my headphones and phone out of my bag and turn on some music. I offer her one earbud and we continue on our way to L.A.'s headquarters. 

We finally make it to the building and are welcomed by his enormous team of people. They offer us a variety of drinks, foods, and accommodations, all of which we politely deny. Finally, Camila and I are lead to his office.

"Welcome girls, thank you for joining me this morning." We exchange greetings and are congratulated on the success of the band. 

"I'm not going to waste any time here if that's okay with you two." We cautiously nod our heads, telling him to continue. "As I said before, I've seen some great successes from the band, but I honestly don't see much of a future for Fifth Harmony. It's already begun to fall apart and it doesn't have much longer." As shocked  as I am, I'm happy he got the name right this time. "However, I do see a future for you two." He pauses to let it sink in."I want to offer the two of you a solo contracts."

Camila and I look at each other stunned, this is not one of the many ways I imagined this going. I am neither upset or happy, I don't know how to react.

"I'm sorry. You what?" I question, making sure I heard him properly. 

"I want the two of you to split from the group. I've looked over your contracts and will make sure you can get out of them without any troubles." He replies casually, like this is nothing new.

"What about the other girls?" I can't help but ask my questions as Camila remains silent.

"I don't see their futures being as successful. I have my faith on you two. Unfortunately that's how the music business works, not everybody makes it." The arrogance is now exuding from him and I start getting frustrated, but I try my best to control my temper. 

"I don't know what to say, sir." Camila finally speaks up, making me feel less alone in this room.

"That's alright, I'll give you some time to ponder. My team will reach out to you shortly for your decisions." Just like that, he shoos us away.

~~ Flashback Over~~

I just want to take back that day. If the idea was never presented, it wouldn't have crossed her mind as an opportunity. If I had just shut down the idea instead of asking questions, maybe we'd all still be together.