The life and times of Brett Larson - Part 1

Pictures Chosen - Solar system, chair lady , cheerleeder zombie and giant tick.

Captain's Log.

Date: Irrelevant.

This is Brett Larson, the captain of the spaceship Shelley.

Despite being in command of the ship for only a short period of time, whilst I was otherwise engaged, my first officer and the crew have managed to strand us in a subspace dimension known as Dreamspace. So far little is known about Dreamspace other than its entire creation is down to a disembodied head sitting in the science deck of our ship. Naturally if I had been aware of this situation sooner, this crisis could have been averted.

Since the inception of Dreamspace, my crew have had instances where death seemed the most likely outcome. If it hadn't been for yours truly I suspect they would have been gestating in an alien's intestines by now. Not a pretty image indeed.

Today has been hard day for me, for I had to deal with the emotion of rejection. I hear this a feeling which is common for most people but it is something I have no experience in. The rejection came from my tight bodied science officer, who I have recently come to the conclusion is most likely a lesbian. Unfortunately due to the lack of female occupants aboard, I am left to hope and wait until we find a population of large breasted valkyries during our passage through Dreamspace.

Oddly enough we haven't seen another planet in some time, I have requested the Science officer to hit the dream drive on its noggin to see whether it was malfunctioning. But once again she refused, the bloody insubordinate. If she didn't look nearly as sexy as me in her lab coat I would have sent her to the brig. In an attempt to manipulate Dreamspace, I whispered a few fantasy worlds I would like to visit into Dreamdrive's ear and am currently awaiting to see the sexy results of my little experiment. However I suspect only disappointment.

#

The pink turtle-shaped spaceship, consequently known as Shelly, paddled through the purple nebula blindly navigating through its dense mist until it reached a new solar system of planets. The solar system seemed unusual, even for dream space. A snake-like tubing surrounded and intersected itself around each of the planets almost preventing each of the planets form straying from each other.

"Navigations, what do you see?"

"Planets Sir, lots of them."

"Take the ship in for a closer look. " the Captain ordered.

"Yes sir, " replied the spotty teenager, whose face was fighting the battle of puberty and losing fiercely.

As they closed in the on the solar system, they realised there were at least eight planets surrounded by the near transparent tubing. To Brett it almost looked like an intergalactic pin ball machine when he noticed several suns which orbited the planets by travelling within the surrounding space tubing.

"I'm feeling partial to a little adventure. Bring us closer to the red planet, I like how it complements my uniform."

The boy battered away at the keyboards almost demonically until they stopped just outside the planet's atmosphere.

" I have asked engineering to prep and ready the ship for our departure."

"Excellent Mr Taylor, you'll make first officer in no time at all at this rate," said Brett loud enough for the current first officer could hear him.

"First officer Rod Castle, please remain with the ship, I'll take the dwarf and Warren with me to investigate. Try not to strand us yet again in another dimension whist I'm gone. Unless it's a dimension filled with beautiful women."