The life and times of Brett Larson - Part 2

Brett awoke to find himself naked in a bed. The memory of what happened before his slumber quickly flooded back, much to his delight. The girl appeared garbed back in her cheerleader uniform. holding his red Spectrum uniform.

"Here you'd better put this on, before the games began. Let's hope your performance will be as good as it was earlier."

"Well, you're pretty good yourself," he said fondly remembering more of the events past.

With his ego firmly massaged, he left the apartment in high spirits, fully exhilarated and ready to win. The trouble was he didn't have the slightest what the game would entail. But one thing was certain, whatever it was, he would be reigning champion. Who could defy him, at this moment in time he was God, except without the flashy powers. Alicia led him to the training site to meet his other two crew members. Each of which, wore scowls on their faces.

"What's with the faces, men?"

"You've just sent us to our graves, thanks a lot, Capt'n, " said the disgruntled dwarf.

" What? Those are pretty brazen words, Smarvin. You're lucky I don't send you to your own brig."

Smarvin laughed, "Like to see you try, I got the key."

"Anyway, enough of this nonsense, what's this game about?"

"Sir, it's a fight to the death, it's us three against one other. Normally I would say those are pretty good odds... but I hear that he's undefeated in the arena."

"Shit that doesn't sound good. Don't worry with me on our team, we should win easily without any troubles. "

The other two looked in dismay, not exactly sharing his optimism. As they waited, the Brett suddenly considered something strange about Alicia. He looked back see her waving him good luck from her balcony, still wearing her sweet yet sultry smile and her pigtails thrashing in the air as she shock with enthusiasm. It was strange, she looked human. Unlike the rest of the species they had met on previous planets, she was completely human aside from the language. He was sure of that, he had given her a rigorous physical earlier.

The bell rang signalling the commencement of the game. Cheers and chants echoed throughout the stadium . An elderly man met them and fitted them with a sword and a shield each, before bidding them good luck.

The bell rang once more to signify the participants were to enter the arena. They all stepped onto the arena. Brett stood boldly absorbing the crowd's applause as he thrust his sword in the air. To Brett, the opponent looked like an easy win. Just a frail-bodied teenage boy, dressed with half fitting rags. He could probably win the match with his eyes closed if wanted, he thought. The bell rang again, this time, to signify the fight's commencement

Brett didn't waste any time. He headed straight for the boy and lunging at him the heavy broadsword. But the boy clumsily deflected his blade. Brett had been classically trained in fencing as a child. If only he had a thin tipped blade, he would have skewered his opponent in a heartbeat. But unfortunately with sword's heavy weight, it made it difficult to strike quickly against his foe. That said, so far he hadn't seen any radical fighting skills presented from the boy yet. He looked behind him, Smarvin and Warren kept their distance.

"Coward's," Brett muttered under his breath.

Before he made his second attack, Brett discarded his shield and took the sword with both hands to strengthen and guide his blows. The Captain charged at the boy and swung his blade with such force, that the boy's sword slipped from his hands as he tried to parry. The boy danced away creating a greater distance between them.

"Aucktark!" he shouted.

"Aucktark! Aucktark! Auctark!" the audience chanted.

"Aucktark?" Brett said slightly puzzled.