Chapter 61

1 day left. It's a Thursday morning and the moment I opened my eyes, only one thing entered my mind.

     "Happy Birthday, Soph." I whispered to myself.

     I'm now 15. And I'm gonna leave tomorrow night. 

     When I looked at my clock, it's only 6 in the morning. I sat up straight and just waited for the sun to peak in by window. And then while looking at nowhere, I noticed the book Greyson gave me before. I still haven't read it. He said before that I should open it before school starts. I stood up to get it. A tear fell from my right eye and it landed on the near edge of the book. I walked towards my suitcases and put it on the top of the pink one. 

     Then the sun beams finally raised on the window straight to my bed. I went to my bathroom to wash my face and gargle. I splashed my face with cold water. It felt great. When I stared at the mirror, there's a note. 

     It is written on a lavender sticky note. It says, "Please see my downstairs now. Happy Birthday! xx". I can't recognize the penmanship. I wonder who that is. I grabbed my towel to dry my face and put on my hoodie. I went down to see who left the letter. On the last step of the stairs, there's another note. 

     Now it's written in a light green paper and it's written in a cursive form. It says, "Go to the backyard."

     When I got there, it was a big surprise. Everyone's in there. My jaw dropped. I thought it's only gonna be us. By the backyard, I saw Madge, Penelope, her poodle named Fifi, my mom, Tiffany, Kibble and Pebble, Greyson and the Chance family. I was so shocked that Greyson's family is here. 

     "Happy Birthday, Sophie!!!" All of them shouted. 

     I went towards them by the big picnic table and hugged each and everyone. It was so sweet. Oh, and all of them are wearing pastel colors which are my favorite color. Even Greyson is wearing a pastel blue shirt. Hahaha! 

     When I hugged Aunt Lisa, she kissed me on my forehead and said, "I heard about you leaving Kansas. I'm gonna miss you a lot, Sophie. You're like my daughter. Take care alright? Happy birthday, sweetie." then handed me a paperbag.

     "Thanks, aunt Lisa! That means a lot. I'm gonna miss you too! Oh, and what's this?" I looked at the paper on it. I think she's the one who wrote the notes from my bathroom and the stairs.

     "Open it." 

     I snapped of the staplers on it. I saw a lot of clothing. A lot of dresses with laces, tops with pastel colors and a one piece swimsuit. Awh <3

     "It's all so beautiful. Thank you so much!"

     "Anything for you, sweetie."

     I hugged her again. Then I went to uncle Scott. We're really not that close before he accompanied I and greyson to the beach for the photoshoot. But after that, we always get along with each other. Before I can hug him. He hugged me first and lift me up. He's like the father that I never had. 

     "Happy Birthday, sweetie!" he said. 

     "Thanks, uncle Scott. I will miss you tons!"

     "I will too." he handed me a box.

     "You really didn't need to give me--"

     "Nahhh. Open it now!"

     They are new sunnies. He knows me a lot.

     "Thanks! It's so pretty!"

     "Alexa chose that one. Hahaha! You're welcome!"

     Alexa gave me a boater hat and Tanner gave me a box of The Beatles guitar picks. Madge and Penelope gave me a satchel with cute ribbons as a design. Inside the bag are letters. I hugged all of them. Gifts are nothing for me really. But it means a lot that they spent money and time to get me these.