4

*Rae's POV*

So now, it was monday morning and I yet again found myself thinking about Luke Hemmings. Before this weekend he didn't even know my name, and he probably forgot it anyway. I have to stop thinking about him, it's getting ridiculous.

I wondered how Emma was; I haven't talked to her since the whole hospital thing on saturday. She's hooked up with guys before, but never gone as far as sex. Luke was her first and the next morning he didn't even remember her name. What kind of a guy would do that? I mean, I don't know it just doesn't seem like someone who is very nice.

Nonetheless, I put the thoughts away when I spotted someone else walking down the road. No one in my neighborhood seems to walk, as its about a 20 minute walk. Most of the kids in this neighborhood just drive or get rides.

The boy was only a couple of houses in front of me and looked so familiar from the back. I couldn't however decide who it was. Eventually I tried to surpass this mysterious boy. I sped up my walking and got right behind him. I 'accidentally' bumped into him and caught his eye. No..no..no.

I whispered a quiet sorry and sped faster.

"Hey!" the boy called out. I took a deep breath in and turned around to see none other than Luke Hemmings, all bandaged up. He had a black cast around his right arm and still quite the bruise on his face, with a couple of random cuts.

"Hi," I said walking next to him.

"Its.. Rachel right?"

"Ya, you can call me Rae though, most people do anyways."

"Hm, so, uh, Rae, what are you doing walking? It's like a 20 minute walk."

"I could say the same for you," I shrugged, still avoiding eye-contact with him.

"Well, my car was totaled in the accident this weekend. My parents said I would be better off walking then trying to convince them to drive me. So I guess this will be how the rest of my senior year is spent," Luke stated. I nodded my head and didn't say anything. We continued to walk side-by-side for about 6 minutes, not saying anything. The walk was still peaceful, but distracting. Luke kept on trying to bring up conversation, and, well, I didn't really want to speak to him. Eventually he gave up and we just walked.

As we neared the school I began to get a little nervous. Not for any particular reason, I mean most of the kids should have been too pissed drunk to even remember anything that happened that night. But, I was just worried on behalf of Mikey, Ashton, and Calum.

I think Luke could sense when I tensed up, he looked over at me concerned and scanned me. He's eyes went up and down, then meeting my eyes for a breif moment. We locked contact for hardly a second, he blinked away and looked off to the school-grounds.

"Well, um I think we should part ways, I'm sure your friends would get a real kick if they saw you and I talking," I said quietly, but loud enough for Luke to hear.

"Oh ya I guess..." he trailed off, "Hey and tell Pinky that I'm sorry for all the crap the boys give him, its a little ridiculous, I know. I always tell them to lay off but they never listen and-" Luke said.

"He has a name you know," I said and stormed away from him, since we had reached the campus. I didn't bother to look back but, Luke didn't seem to care. I can't believe I just walked to school with that jerk. At least no one saw us.

~

It came as a surprise when I saw Michael with no longer pink hair, but blonde with dark roots. It was almost like a chocolate/vanilla swirl on his head. All the boys and myself loved it.