Team Exercises

Lance's POV:

It had been only a week since me and Keith formed our bond. At first we thought we could just try to act like it wasn't there, but we soon found that ineffective. After that we decided it would be best to just except what happened to us. We started to mess around with our new abilities and everyday we seem to find something new.

I was currently on my way to Keith's room to asked him if you wanted to fight the training not with me. When I opened his door I found that he wasn't there.
"Dude, where are you?"
I thought, hoping Keith would answer but he stayed silent. I let out an annoyed sigh. I was about to go back to my room and just forget it when a small translucent trail appeared.

"What the..." I said quietly as I followed the trail through the castle. It lead me to a part Id never been to. As soon as I approached a old metal door the tail disappeared. I couldn't help but feel unsteady as I reached to open it. With a loud creak the doors opened revealing Keith sitting in a corner by himself.

"Keith?! Dude what are you doing?" I said moving next to him. "Testing something." He said looking up at me. "And what exactly where you testing?" I said as I sat down next to him with my back against the cold wall. "Our Bond. I fingered if I concentrated enough I could give you a map to my location. I was right." He said moving a chunk of hair out of his face. "That's kinda cool. Now I won't get lost in the space mall again like last time!" I said cheerfully. Keith chuckled and rolled his eyes. "I was thinking of using it for missions and stuff, but yeah I guess that works too."

We walked back to the Main part of the castle talking about various subjects when Allura came over the ships speakers. "Paladins, please report to the training deck at once. Well will be performing some team exercises." I let out a sigh of annoyance as we turned around to head to the training deck.

Keith's POV:

Lance and I where the last two to arrive at the training deck. "Nice of you two to finally join us." Shiro said with his arms crossed. "Sorry Shiro. We where on the other end of the- "  "Save your excuses Keith." He said tuning his attention to Allura as she started telling us what to do.  "Alright team, as you know, Voltron can only be formed if it's pilots have a strong bond with each other. The stronger the bond the stronger Voltron is. That being said, we will be working on your bonds today." She said handing out little slips a paper to all of us.

"Me and Allura have already picked your partners. Please group up."
I read my slip of paper. "Lance?" Even though I've been able to tolerate the guy doesn't mean I wanna be his partner. "Hey man, I'm not happy about this either." Lance said raising his hands in defense. "That's why we put you two together. You by far have the worst relationship in the whole team!" Coran said with a smile, like what he said didn't just hurt our feelings.

"First off: Rude. Second off: Me and Keith's relationship is just fine! We're rivals is all." Lance said to Coran. I could feel him trying to cover up his thoughts of something, but I couldn't tell what it was. Whatever it is he didn't want me to know. "Yeah, rivals." I said supporting Lance in hopes I could work with someone else.

"Sorry boys. The pairs are set." Coran said messing with his mustache. "Alright, then who's Shiro's partner?"
Lance's ask with his hands on his Shakira hips. "He doesn't need to participate in today's activities."  "Can I call B-S?" Pidge chimed in. 

"Partner talk aside, please pick up the mind reading headsets I places out for you and share what you're thinking."
Allura said with a forced smile to drown out the tiredness in her expression. She's been having a ruff week with all the ties she's been trying to form for the Voltron alliance. She never gets any time to relax and take a breath.

Me and Lance pick up the headset with a snicker. "Like we need these anymore, eh?" Lance said playfully nudging me with his elbow. I let out a chucked as I placed the device on my head. We all sat down in a group, excluding Shiro because Allura was playing favorites, and focusing on our thoughts.  Pidge of course was thinking about her brother and Father while Hunk imagined a pretty tasty looking burrito. I glanced over at Lance. His headset said he was thinking of his family, but I could telling he was forcing that image. 

"Is something wrong?" I thought knowing only he could hear me. I watched closely as his image flicked from his family to... me? My jaw dropped opened a little in shock. Pidge was snickering with Huck while Allura's Face lit up. "Yay! Lance is thinking about his teammate!" She said clapping her hands together. Lance quickly throw the headset off with a small blush of embarrassment. "C-can we just move on to the next team building crap." He said crossing his arms, irritated.

Throughout the next exercises all I could think about was Lance. Why did he blow up the way he did? He normally had really good control over his emotions? Secondly, why was he thinking of me? Was it because of our bond or something else entirely. Either was I was reluctant to find out. As soon as our "bonding" time was up Lance rushed off to his room before anybody could say anything.

"What was that all about?" Pidge asked watching Lance speed down the hallway and out of sight. "Maybe he just wants to be alone?" Hunk said shrugging his shoulders as he drank some space juice Coran gave us. "Shouldn't someone go after him?" Pidge adding raising her eyebrow. "I'll go talk to him." I said walking off after him.

I made it to Lance's room but the door was locked. I gently knocked on the metal door. "Hey Lance, I know you're in there." I was answered with silence. I let out a sigh and leaned my back on the cold metal doors. "I know somethings bugging you. Do you wanna talk about it?" More silence. I began to get irritated with him ignoring me. "Listen McClain, you can either except my offer to help your or I'm leaving. I don't have time for this-" Lance's Doors opening before I finished. I stumbled backwards landing into Lance.

I quickly stood up and dusted myself off. "Umm... Thanks for catching me." I said avoiding eye contact. "Anytime." Lance said walking over to his bed and face-planting into his pillow. "So what's bothering you?" I said following Lance over and sitting on the end of his bed. "That damn headset, that's what! I hate those things. Sometimes I just want my thoughts to be my own, ya know?" He said looking back at me before returning his face to the pillow with a sigh. "Yeah. Been kinda hard to do lately though." I said pulling my legs up onto the bed and hugging them.

"Oh yeah, I guess I don't have the right to complain as I'm constantly reading your thoughts too huh?" Lance said with a dry chuckle. "Should we-"  "No." Lance said cutting me off. "You didn't even let me finish?" I said huffing. "You where going to ask if we should tell Coran and Allura right?" Lance said now moving to sit his back up against the wall. "Maybe that know a way to fix this? We could have our thoughts be private again. I couldn't hurt to try?" I said shrugging my shoulders. Lance seemed to think for a moment.

"I don't know if that will end well. What if they lock us up or something and run experiments to see what our brains are doing and-" I placed my hand over Lance's mouth. This took him by surprise, but he stopped talked and listened. "I understand you're worried and stressed out about this. I am too, believe me! But I think Allura and Coran will be able to do something about this. If not them then who?" I said.

Lance gently moved my hand away from his mouth before speaking. "What about Pidge? She's smart and I'm sure she'll be able to figure something out? Plus I know she can keep a secret. With the proper bribe of course." Lance said with a devilish grin. I don't know why, but I began to get a bad feeling about this.

A/N:
Sorry it took so long to update. It's midterm week and French is going to kill me 😰. I plan on updating some more over Christmas break so you'll (hopefully) get your Klance filling for the holidays. Speaking of Christmas break, I hope everyone stays safe over the holidays and if you don't celebrate Christmas then Happy Whatever You Do Celebrate !🎉