Chapter One

There was a rhythmic thumping sound that seemed to echo over the empty stretch of road as a sleek black Mini Cooper shot down towards the town that was the driver's destination. The car was humming along at an easy 70 creeping up to 80 without the driver's notice, although the car shuddered violently as something attacked the front right tyre causing a loud bang to rip through the previously almost silent air. The driver's arms tensed up for a moment as shock rushed through their veins before the car came to a stop.

A huff left the driver's lips as they turned off the engine and got out of the car to assess the damage. The driver, a sixteen-year-old brunette girl with green eyes that were half-piercing, half-dull, huffed out a sigh as she shook her head,
"Of course, four days of driving and now that I'm less than twenty minutes away, I get the flat tyre. Only me, this would only happen to me"

The brunette walked back to the driver's side door and leaned into the car, digging through her shoulder bag that was sitting on the passenger seat before producing her phone. She shook her head to herself as she opened her contacts before clicking on the number that she was looking for,
"You better pick-up"

On almost the other side of town was an awkward family meal. And by awkward family meal, I mean, a family of werewolf hunters were sitting down to a meal with a werewolf. The Argent family house was in an awkward silence as the group of five sat at the dinner table, the only sound resonating through the area were the knives and forks hitting the plates.

Allison Argent, the youngest member of the Argent family present, had brought her boyfriend, Scott McCall, over for dinner, much to her parents and aunt's, Christopher, Victoria and Kate Argent, dismay. There was tension thick enough to be able to cut with a knife that was broken by the shrill, loud ringtone of Allison's phone.

Every eye snapped to the device that was on the bench beside the table, and every fibre of Allison's being knew that she shouldn't pick it up as it was rude table manners, but she couldn't help herself when she saw the caller I.D.

"Allison-" Chris attempted to stop his daughter from leaving the table, but the brunette was already in the hallway near the door with her phone pressed against her ear.

"Where are you? You were supposed to be here by now, and believe me when I say that it couldn't get any more awkward"

Scott almost laughed at his girlfriend's rambling, the person who'd called her, a girl, actually did laugh, although her laughter was overtaken by harsh breaths as if she were out of breath from doing something.

"That's awfully inconvenient"

The girl who had called Allison Argent was her cousin, Aurora. She was currently standing on the side of the road into Beacon Hills with her flat tyre at her feet, her replacement being rolled between her hands towards the spot where it would be placed into.

"Especially seems as though I have a flat and will be even later than I already am"

"You have a flat?" Allison's voice carried through the house causing everyone to turn and look at the back of her head,
"Are you okay? What did you do?"

Rory let out a laugh as she stopped moving and stood up straight, her phone dropping into her hand,
"I love how you automatically assume that I did something. Four whole days of driving without any sort of incidence and I get within twenty minutes of your house and my tyre blows"

"Aww, poor baby" Allison teased gently, a wide set grin on her face as she did so. Victoria Argent cleared her throat purposefully loudly at the table causing Allison to glance back at her mother and rapidly spin back towards the window with a cringe,
"Where are you? Do you need me to come get you?"