(Shinya Hiiragi X Reader) Birthday Surprise

Sunlight filtered through the slightly closed blinds as he awoke from his deep slumber. He turned to his left to find you missing and he sighed, feeling a little lonely as he did not feel like getting up. Nonetheless, he found himself making way to the bathroom to start the day.
The strong aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted into his senses as he saw you finishing up the last of your toast.

"G'morning." He greeted, nuzzling your neck as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders. A smile making way to your face.

"Morning." You mumbled, wiping your hands with a napkin before getting up. His eyes wide at your sudden rejection. "Sorry, gotta run Shinya. I'll see you later, 'kay?"

And with that you grabbed your plate and set in the sink before slipping out the door leaving him alone all over again.

It was about noon when Guren entered Shinya's office and his mood suddenly boosted as he walked to his desk.

"Oh, it's you Guren. How ar–Oh." He felt his spirit deflate as he handed him reports from yesterday.

"I forgot to give these to you last night. I hope that's not too big of a deal for you." He said, blankly staring at him. Shinya blinked back and took the packet from his hand and smiled.

"No no, not a problem at all." He replied, dismissing him. Guren nodded and made his way out. A sly smile on his face as he saw how defeated Shinya was starting to look. If only he knew...

The empty halls echoed with each step he took, making him feel more and more lonely. How could everyone forget about his birthday? He didn't expect much just a 'Happy Birthday, Shinya' would be fine. Hell, he didn't even expect a gift!

Running a hand through his combed back hair, he pushed the doors to the mess hall and was shocked to say the least.

"SUPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHINYA!!"

Shinya's body jolted at the abrupt cheers and shouts as balloons and confetti fell around him. An wrapped around his shoulder and he didn't even need to think twice knowing it was his best friend, Guren.

"Happy birthday, you big goof." He ruffled his hair and Shinya laughed at his brotherly affection.

He looked all around to see that everyone had gathered, even his stoic brother, Kureto stood beside the mess.

"You even got Kureto to come?" Shinya whispered to Guren.

"Is that a problem?" Kureto suddenly voiced. Shinya smiled, shaking his head at his brother.
"Not at all."

Kureto's cheeks flushed a pale pink as he looked away. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for (Y/N). She practically begged me to come, so you're welcome." He stated, crossing his arms like child.

Everyone seemed to be in slight shock at Kureto's unforeseen behavior, but you weren't the least bit fazed. Pushing through the crowd, you threw your arms around Shinya, almost collapsing as you did so.

"Happy birthday!!" You exclaimed, kissing his cheek. His cheeks warmed as he gazed down at you, feeling a familiar sensation cloud over him.

"To think that I thought you forgot." He mumbled. You feigned being offended by his words.

"You thought I would forget? That's cruel, Shinya~" You pout, but you both broke into laughter as he held onto you tighter.He leaned down, placing a kiss to your lips, and pulled away as only your

"Thank you so much,(Y/N)."