Chapter 4

"Mom! No! Please Mommy stay here! I need you here! Please Mommy don't go! Mommy Please..."

I cried as I strongly hold onto my Mom's hand. I had a strong grip on her arm and I'm not letting go.

"We don't have much time sweetie, come on let go of mommy's hand. It's just like playing a game. You remember our game hide and seek?"

Tears are streaming down her face and I wiped them. She smiled at me weakly and kissed my hand which is holding her chin. I nod and she smiled sadly at me.

"This is a more twisted game okay honey?"

I nodded eagerly and listened carefully.

"After you hide here and heared that there are no more feet running around, you  gotta run honey! Run as fast as you can towards the road I showed you the other day! Do you remember the woods and their marks? The marks with the broken small branches we made? It goes straight to the pack borders, and from there, you gotta keep running! No stoping! Do you understand?
You need to get outta here okay? Run and never look back! Promise mommy you'll do just that"

I understand everything but my mind is clogged. I don't understand why do I have to run. I don't understand at all.

"But mommy! Aren't you coming with me?"

She looked at me sadly and kissed my forehead.

"I will honey, I'll be right behind you..."

Tears spilled from her eyes and she hugged me so hard. I got a feeling she is lying.

"Why do I have to run mommy?  Can't we just run together? "

"Oh honey..." she cried harder and hugged me again as if this would be the last time she'll see me.

"I'll explain everything when you grow up okay? Right now you just need to hide and then run to the woods. Promise mommy you'll do just that okay? Promise me!"

Hurried footsteps neared our room and then it was followed by an angry banging on our door.

"Come on baby promise me" she whispered with an urgency.

"I promise mom" she smiled sweetly as tears slowly fall from her eyes. She wiped them and kissed my cheek,  then she whispered 'I love you' as she closes the small secret door behind the closet.

I heard the click of the door as mom opens it.

"Where's the f*cking kid Amy!? Where the f*ck is she?"

I gasped as I heard him shove my mom and something broked. I covered my mouth to stop any noise from coming out.

"She's gone David! You will never find her! Ever! I lied about everything! "

"YOU F*CKING BITCH!"

I heard him slap my mom and I struggled keeping my gasps covered.

"DRAG HER TO THE DUNGEON AND SEARCH FOR THE GIRL! SHE CAN'T F*CKING GET AWAY! You bitch, I swear if I see your little girl, I'm gonna kill her really slowly in front of you, make you watch her die and beg for your help while you watch helplessly. I'M GONNA KILL HER! YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO LEAVE ME! YOU HEARD ME!? YOU ARE F*CKING MINE! DO YOU F*CKING UNDERSTAND THAT!?"