4

"Many people pray to be kept out of unexpected problems.
Some people pray to be able to confront and overcome them."

-Toba Beta-
~~~~~

Carelessly ruffling his already tangled dark hair, Yoongi heaved a deep sigh as he leaned against the door.

"You let a beautiful woman drive by herself in the middle of the night?"

Flinching at the sudden warm breath that hit his bare nape, Yoongi turned around to find a handsome man staring at him while carefully wiping a cup with a flowery napkin.

"You.. "

"Hm?" The innocent yet mesmerizing grown-up man, who was still wearing his apron, raised his sleek eyebrows and waited for Yoongi to continue his words. On the other hand, Yoongi just stood still, scanning his older friend thoroughly from head to toe.

"Stop being so good-looking, it's irritating," he said as he lazily dragged his tired self out of the coffee shop to his car. Yoongi was already sitting in the driver's seat, yet the contagious sound of his friend's laugh could still be heard by him. One day, he will certainly choke on his own laugh, he thought.

Drove slowly to the front entrance, Yoongi rolled down the window as he saw his friend asking him to do so.

"Min Yoongi, how is that even possible? I'm the handsome Kim Seokjin, after all."

Annoyed, Yoongi silently closed the window and left Kim Seokjin laughing by himself as he drove away to the main road.

"I guess now the one that I should worry about is you, Min Yoongi," said Seokjin while turning off the last lamp of his coffee shop. He then undid his the apron and turned himself into a sparkling dust, letting himself blended into the air and went back to the place where he was belonged.

~~~~

"Her composed self is not something that everyone should be worried about," Yoongi mumbled as he remembered Seokjin's words about letting Soomin go home all alone. He recklessly unlocked his apartment and threw away his shoes as soon as he entered.

Trying to uplift all the uneasy feelings that lingered on him ever since he saw her right after him, he peeled his attire one by one as he sleepily approach his bathroom.

Completely stripped himself, he let his tired and tensed body being relaxed under the warm water pouring hard from the shower above him. Yoongi whipped back his wet jet black hair, allowed the warm water to give a little pinkish color into his mannequin-like face.

His body was relaxed, but his mind was not. The earlier conversation kept replaying in his head, like a broken old cassette.

"If making me deeply falling for you is a mistake, then yes, you've made a horrible one."

Soomin ended her explicit confession with a smile and casually sipped her espresso, while Yoongi couldn't even lift up his half-empty cup. He was dumbfounded, not only because of her blunt statement, but also because of the carefree attitude she showed while saying those words.

"What's with that face?" she asked, frowning. Then she dramatically gasped, "Oh geez, don't tell me I was the first woman who ever confessed to you."

Flustered to irked in the blink of an eye, Yoongi couldn't do anything except rub his face tiredly in response to her fake sympathetic expression. To think that she could be so carefree and annoying all day long made Yoongi lose his cool bit by bit. He started to think that he was being played.

"But don't worry, what's passed is past. We should live in the present, shouldn't we? Now... tell me... that handsome friend of yours, what's his name?"

"After all the hardships you've caused, why do you keep driving me crazy, Kim Soomin?!"

*****

P. S.
Italic words means flashback

Lol