numero ocho

An awkward silence fell before the two, mainly because Jimin was supposed to be dead but here his ass was alive as ever. Jungkook looked around and even put a hand on Jimin to make sure he was real. After confirming he was, the silence was broken.

"Jimin?"

"Jungkook, can I come in or are you just going to leave me out here?" Jimin crossed his arms, he was clearly bored.

"S-sure." Jungkook gestured inside the house as he opened the door wider, allowing Jimin to come through.

Jimin took a look around and smiled to himself.

"Wow. Hasn't changed a bit." Jimin looked at Jungkook and smiled.

"Yeah, I guess." Jungkook shrugged. He didn't know whether to act casual or pour his heart out to this person who was supposed to be dead.

"Jimin?"

"Hm?" Jimin hummed in response.

"Are you gonna explain to me how you're... here or is it better I just not know?"

Jimin sighed. "Right, that's why I came here actually. Can we go get coffee or something? I promise I'll explain everything."

"Um, sure, l-let's go." Jungkook was still shaking with what appeared to be fear. Jimin knew Jungkook was scared. He could feel it in the atmosphere, making it a silent walk to the coffee shop.

Once they arrived in the nearly empty coffee shop, Jungkook stepped up to order.

"One medium mocha latte and one medium caramel macchiato."

"Coming right up!" the barista lady said with a smile as she turned to prepare their drinks.

Jimin looked surprised at Jungkook.

"Y-you remembered my favourite drink..." A certain indescribable warmth spread throughout Jimin's body. He hadn't even gotten his coffee yet.

"How could I forget?" Jungkook said with a nervous chuckle.

"Mocha latte and caramel macchiato!" The barista's voice sounded from behind the counter and she carefully pushed the drinks on the counter. Jungkook took out his wallet, paid for the drinks, and they sat down at one of the tables.

"Okay, explain." Jungkook took a sip of his mocha latte.

Jimin slumped in his seat. How could he explain something like this?

"Well, it's all true. I did kill myself."

Jungkook's blood ran cold at the words, a shiver down his spine. Nonetheless, he listened intently.

"One day, I woke up in a graveyard. I looked... ghostly, like a human, but ghostly. This other ghost guy named Taehyung had found me and told me I was now what's called a Wisp. I was a spirit. I can shift between Wisps forms and a human form which is what I am right now. Unfortunately, I can only be a human for a certain amount of time before my body forcefully transforms me back into a Wisp for four hours." Jimin sighed.

"So... you're a human-like spirit, that's somewhat human, but not human exactly?" Jungkook said and Jimin stifled a laugh.

"Something like that." Jimin smiled. That smile quickly turned into gritting teeth once Jimin remembered why he came to Jungkook in the first place.

"Hey wait! Jungkook! I'm supposed to hate you! And make your life hell!" Jimin scowled.

"Calm down, you suggested we go get coffee so I don't see the problem here."

"Yeah well..." Jimin was defeated by logic. "Just you wait , Jeon Jungkook. Just you wait."

A/N: SORRY FOR THE SHORT ASS CHAPTER I KNOW. Anyways, I had moved to a different country and I had no internet along with some writer's block, both of which preventing me from making content. UPDATES WILL NOW RESUME AS THEY USUALLY DID. I also have other stories to update. I'm also thinking of writing yet another JiKook... It's honestly getting out of hand. I have two other unpublished JiKook books that I plan to publish and I want to make and publish another. I have so many ideas :D Like usual leave your opinions and suggestions for me in the comments if you have any. Bye for now! x