to those left behind but loved forever

To my unforgettable team.

I know we will win, without doubt. I guarantee everyone will live a happier life after this battle, finally free from the chains of war, we will be boundless in the night sky. And I hope to be free with all of you, somewhere we don't have to fight, don't have to constantly survive between the space of simmering bullets and largely grotesque alien war ships. The space in which we survive in is awfully tiny, once you take the time to look at it, but we make it. We're always alive, and we are going to win this battle. I love you all too much. I could never lose any of you.

With love, Keith.

To our dear Keith.

After your death in the final battle, we lost the world; snatched right from our fingertips. Through your bravery came our grief and sorrow, but also the liberation of the universe. Every second of our lives we miss you, you, you. We will never forget you, forever love you, and cherish every moment we spent with you. Keith, our boundless warrior and the adored Red Paladin, it was an honor. May you rest in peace.

Truly yours, your family.

To Keith,

It's been a couple days since you died. In the middle of the battle field I, and the others, watched you die under Galran fire. I was horrified, I vomited inside of blue once the realization hit me. You're gone forever.
It's ironic that you, who said that we were meant to be 'boundless in the night sky,' burned to ashes in empty space; no more boundaries for you, I assume.
Do you know what sucks the most? We never heard your last words, none of us. You died and none of us will ever know what you said. I bet your last words were heroic or something, it fits you well. Life just likes to come and bite us in the ass, doesn't it. It's all such bullshit, what did we do to deserve this. All we did was try to save the universe, and in return you're killed. Nothing is fair, but we still have to live with it.
God, can't you just come back? Reconstruct from the molecules that are remaining and come back into my arms, into our arms, inside this empty, empty castle. It's weird not to see you in your room, in the training room, or in the observatory. At some point I almost asked the others if they've seen you, only to realize that you're gone seconds later. How dumb is that?
I'm sick of this castle, sick of Voltron (we still have to do all this diplomacy shit even after we won, can you believe that?), and I'm just so tired of living without you. I'm losing myself without you.
We're actually having a funeral for you in the upcoming month or so, but we wanted to take some time to get things together, mostly ourselves. You, your physical body, won't be attending the funeral, sadly. We couldn't find you, hidden under the rubble of destroyed Galran ships. I actually went out myself, outside of blue's cockpit, just to see if I could find you, your ashes (even though both Pidge and Hunk reassured me that nothing from your body would remain after being shot by the canon). I don't think I ever realized just how terrified and distraught I would haven been to see your body grounded up into powder, but if that meant I could hold a part of you for the last time, even a speck, it would have been worth it.

Lance.

Keith,

We all miss you, some more than others. I miss you a lot. You always acted like you were forgettable, someone that could be replaced and thrown away (I think that's what you and Lance had in common) but you aren't, neither is Lance. I, all of us, the whole universe, will never forget you and no one could replace the space you made in our hearts. You are so special, everything about you is so special because there is no one in this universe, in any reality that Slav spits out, that is exactly like you. You're so different, a good different, and I miss your different self. I'm so sad, I never told you these things, I can't ever tell you these things. You will never know these things and I'm just so sad you won't know. I miss you, Keith.

Love, Pidge.

Hey Keith,

It's hard to admit but, truthfully, we didn't talk much. We, I, didn't know much about you. You had these walls up, but I never took much time to really see through them. But you were always important. There was never a moment in our battles when you weren't important. You still are important, in the best way possible. Without you, where would we be? Everyday since you passed away, I had this regret. A regret that I didn't talk to you as much as I could. Our days spent together were numbered. I hate that our time was so short. Out of all people, I wish it wasn't you. I wish it wasn't anyone. I don't want people to die, but I know it's a part of war. his war wasn't worth your death, it wasn't worth losing you. It's all I can think about, how cruel the universe must be to do something like this. But, all of us will fight and live on. I'll always remember you, Keith, and keep the time we spent together in my memories.

Missing you, Hunk.

To Keith,

The day before battle, we wrote letters. I wrote one for you, which isn't a surprise, that I planned to give after our last fight, standing, triumph, whatever you could call it. And in the end, we won and earned our rightful victory, but we lost you. I regret to say that I tore my letter, it's useless now you're gone. I then wrote a second letter and I poured all my grief and anger into it, but I also tore that apart too. It's most likely floating in the depths of space along with you.
I read your letter multiple times, it's safe to say I've memorized every word of it. Is it selfish of me that I expected a letter specifically for me? I'd say yes, but then again your love was more than enough. Your love, I will never forget and always return with wide arms and a happy smile. I love you, even beyond my lifetime. Love you 'til the universe collapses, and love you: the limitless person that you are. Never stop shining, can't wait to see you again.

Yours, Lance.