1: Slippery Snow (pt.4)

The next morning we arose before the break of dawn and resumed last night activities for a good hour or two until the sun completely rose. 

For the sake of not getting caught I snuck back into my female alter egos room and changed into my most unpleasant gown. At this point I preferred wearing men's clothing just for the comfort. After our extraneous activities for some unfathomable reason I was sore. Down there. I was never educated in the ways of men and women in the bedroom so I had no clue if it was normal or not. When the ladies maid came in and prepared my bath I couldn't resist it. I felt my muscles ache for a warm bath though I could still traces of Rick's hands caressing my body. I blushed at the thought and sinked into the warm water.

About half and hour later I walked into the dinning room with a wide satisfied smile on my face and the aura of a sated woman emanating from me. Lady Samantha as always placed her son right beside me, where he rightfully belonged. Even his mood seemed to lighten up. Just a teensy bit. Nonetheless, it was an improvement. As I ate my toast with kipper Adaira eyed me suspiciously.

"Miss Linton, how did you sleep last night?" She asked me out of the blue. I immediately thought of what had happened and choked on the toast.

"Are you alright Miss Linton?" Lady Samantha asked worriedly.

"Yes, yes I'm quite fine." I croaked. I drank some water and glanced at Rick from the corner of my eye. His pinky twitching sporadically as he gripped his fork.

"And to answer your question Lady Adaira, I slept fine. Thank you very much."

"Just fine, Miss Linton?" She pried. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and nodded.

"Yes, just fine Lady Adaira." I answered. 

"Really? I was expecting a different answer," She shrugged and went back to eating. She couldn't possibly know, could she? I started to feel the tips of my ears heat up. We were discreet weren't we? I shot Rick a look but he was too fascinated with his eggs to pay attention. 

Throughout breakfast my mind raced with the thought of Adaira knowing her brother and I copulated. I shifted uneasily in my seat, still feeling a bit uncomfortable down there. I felt worry start to bubble up in my throat. 

"Miss Linton-," the sound of my name being called made me jump up out of my seat. 

"Uh Lady Ambrose, will you excuse I'm feeling a bit ill." I said ignoring Rick's steely gaze. 

"Oh, yes of course. Do you need me to fetch a doctor?" she asked. I shook my head rapidly. 

"No, no I just need to rest a bit thank you." 

"Alright then. Rick dear why don't you accompany Miss Linton to her room she looks quite pale." Lady Ambrose said turning toward Rick. I sucked in a breath as I heard the chair scrape the floor. I bowed the left the room hurriedly. 

Once we were far away from the dinning room and in a deserted hall, he pulled me into an empty room that looked to me like one of the many sittings rooms in the manor. He quietly shut the door and stood silently until the air was thick with tension. 

"Is something the matter Lillian? Did I-I hurt you?" I heard his voice ask from behind me. 

"No, no of course not. I'm just overthinking right now. You should head back. I need to change, I still have some files I need to look through." His jaw twitched and he nodded but I could tell he was unconvinced. Thankfully he didn't press the matter. 

"Okay then." 

He left the room leaving me alone in my thoughts...

----------------------------------------

Hey you guys, so it's been more than a year since I updated and I have a lot of drafts written up but none that are finished or close to being finished but I just felt like putting whatever I have out there just so y'all can read it. If you want to anyways, but this chapter is obviously unfinished and I hope you guys enjoy the little bit I was actually able to write up. If given the chance I'll definitely finish it. For now, wishing everybody good health and peace.