Chapter 10

Phoenix's POV

I had been at the palace for almost two weeks, and I had barely seen Marcus for more than 30 minutes a day if not less since I revealed my gift and I had thought we'd begun to connect. But when I did see him he showed very little emotion apart from possessiveness and anger.

So my life consisted of photographers, press meetings and other mandatory Royal events. And after all that I was finally able to get back out on the training field with Violet, the beta squad... and Ava.

'So, how's life as a Princess?' Asked Violet as she steadied the punching bag I was currently attacking.

'Well, not much different from being the daughter of an Alpha really, you still have to be very aware of appearances and so on. But... there is much less privacy and I feel like everyone is waiting for me to face plant or something.'

Violet laughed, 'That's because they are, but don't worry you just have to prove to them that the moon goddess matched you with Prince Marcus for a reason. Your strong, clever and not to be messed with.' The last bit was accompanied with an evil glint in Violet's eye.

'Oh I don't know.' Called Ava's snide voice, 'I don't think Marcus-, I mean Prince Marcus,' I growled at her, how dare she pretend like she's on first name terms with my mate.

'I think Prince Marcus doesn't care too strongly for the match.' She smirked, flicked her hair and turned back to her pathetic weights.

'What the hell is that supposed to mean.' I growled. I was sick of her snide and bitchy comments I'd been hearing all week.

'Only that everyone knows how active his... appetite is, he has a new girl almost every night, I hear he had quite a group a few months ago' She smirked.

I could feel my blood running cold, everyone had been hinting at their displeasure of Marcus' activities, I had heard rumours that Prince Marcus had slept with a fair amount of women and done some horrible things, but that was all in the past and it couldn't have been many. But I still felt the pain in my heart and my wolf in having it confirmed that Marcus had given himself to others rather than waiting like I had.

'But I know who he really cares for.' Ava said smirking

'Yeah and thats Phoenix.' Snarled Violet 

My fists were tight and I felt my wolf fighting for control as I stared at the smirking face.

'Actually, its me. We've had a certain... relationship going on for at least two years now and just the other night we were going at it wildly.' It felt impossible that her smirk could grow, but it did. 'I mean I was the reason he was late the night of the Royal ball, it was also then when deeply entangled in each other we were, was when he dedicated is everlasting love to little old me, and as he came inside of me, he also said he wanted me as his Queen and mother of his children.'

I couldn't hold back any more, I simply let my wolf go and shifted.

'Phoenix No!' Shouted Violet, Ava laughed and shifted too.

My Wolf dark and glinting silver in the sunlight, circled Ava's, her's was far smaller then mine and a nasty brown, dirty blonde colour.

Ava crowed out from her mind, 'I see even your Wolf carries that ugly disfigurement too, the moon goddess was a fool to save you when you were just a pitiful infant.' 

Gasps and growls came from all the onlookers on training grounds who had heard Ava's mind link, not only had she insulted my wolf but she had greatly disrespected my great great grandmother, the moon goddess. 

'How dare you insult the moon goddess, and make jealous lies about having a relationship with my mate.' I roared back in my mind.

Ava laughed over the link, 'I was not lying, and a part of you and your wolf knows I'm not.'