(1) A broken quirk

*3rd person POV*

~flash back ; at the doctors office~

Izuku was waiting not-so-patiently to get his results from the doctor, to see when his quirk would manifest. Practically bouncing in his seat, his thoughts were interrupted when the doctor spoke.

"Yeah, he's not going to get a quirk."..

Something in Izuku broke.. His all might figurine fell to floor. And his expression changed to a mixture of hurt, and that of a blank stare. His mother worriedly spoke to the doctor, asking questions, and trying to get a grasp of it all.

While to the side of her, Izuku started to glow. Granted it was barely noticeable. A high pitch frequency started ringing out, sounding almost like a high, constant whistle. Just then a large gust of wind came from his direction, blowing sheets of papers around the room crazily.

Once the wind settled down Inko and the doctor looked over in confusion, both wondering what the heck just happened. What they seen was Izuku knocked onto the floor, probably because of the wind, with wings sprouted out of his back! He sat up rubbing his head, and looking around in confusion, when his hand felt something strange above him. He grabbed whatever it was to look at it, his eyes widened when he seen it was a Halo. He then noticed his wings, and jumped up in shock.

'Am I dead!?' He thought, terrified at the idea.

He looked to his mom like a lost puppy. Inko noticed that there was a crack in the Halo and handed it to the doctor to examine. But he just passed it off as if that's how it's supposed to look, when it suddenly disintegrated in his hands. Everyone looked rather confused, and took a glance at Midoriya, but the Halo wasn't with him. His mom started to ask the man questions, left and right. Such as:

"I thought you said Izuku wasn't going to get a quirk?" And

"Where did his Halo go?"

"What is this quirk, exactly?"

As many questions were answered as possible, however, he didn't know what happened to the young boys Halo. With that, they thanked the doctor, and left the building to go back home.

~Flash back over ; he's at the middle school now~

*Izuku's POV*

I was sitting in class taking notes, listening to the teacher talk about who knows what. When I suddenly heard him say something about our futures.. Careers or something.

"Oh yeah, Midoriya, don't you want to go to U.A too?"
The teacher asked me, making my head pop up from my note book.

I nodded and glanced around the class nervously, then they all broke out laughing. I became flustered and even more nervous because of this. Just then Bakugo came and let off an explosion on my desk, making me fall back onto the ground.

"You think U.A would ever accept a pathetic nerd with a broken quirk!? Haha! Don't make me laugh!" He roared. "Especially when they could have someone as amazing as me!"

I tried to let him know that I wasn't meaning to compete against him, but he doesn't know sign language..

He continued his yelling at me for a minute or so more. He was about to fire another explosion at me, when a small flash of light appeared, which left as quickly as it came. And my wings had sprouted again, covering me like a makeshift shield. Bumping a few desks back a couple inches in the process, because of how big they were.