Chapter Twenty-Six

School ended for the Christmas holiday and I couldn't be any more excited. I get to spend my first Christmas with Demi which I can guarantee it'll be amazing.

"Bye Aimee, Lizzy, Lisa, Elise and Becky." I waved at my friends.

"Bye Sab." I heard them all say.

Just before walking out, Mia stood in front of me which made me jump.

"Jesus!" I held my chest.

"Sorry." She giggled.

"It's okay."

"I just wanted to give you this." She handed me a small but long box wrapped in a silver Christmas paper.

"Aw, you didn't have to." I blushed.

"I really wanted to give you something." She smiled.

"I feel bad now, I didn't get you anything." I frowned.

"It's okay, I don't care."

"Thank you so much." I hugged her.

"You can open it now if you want."

"Are you sure? Isn't that bad luck?" I chuckled.

"I don't know. I just want to see your reaction as I don't see it on Christmas Day."

"Fair enough I'll open it now."

I tore the paper off and quickly put it in the bin that was beside me. I opened the box that revealed a silver necklace which had my name engraved in it with a star.

"Oh Mia, it's so beautiful." I gushed.

"Here, let me put it on you." I handed her the necklace and she placed it around my neck.

"Thank you!"

"No problem. You deserve it. A special gift for a special girl." She winked.

I blushed once again, "Merry Christmas Mia."

"Merry Christmas, Sab." She hugged me for last time before walking away.

I sighed heavily before walking out of school and heading to Demi's car.

"Hey baby girl, how was your last day of school this year?"

"Fun." I chuckled.

"Good I'm glad."

She started up the car and drove towards home. "I've got some shopping in the trunk, can you help me bring it in?"

"Sure."

I helped bring all the shopping into the house which by the way was so much. I also helped put it all away. Just before I was going to go upstairs to my room, Demi called me.

"What's that around your neck?" Demi looked at me.

I looked down at my neck to see what she was talking about but realised it was the necklace. "Ohh, Mia gave me the gift. It was an early Christmas present, she said I could open it now."

"Wow, it's beautiful." Demi held it in her hands.

"Yeah, it is." I smiled.

"She's such a sweet girl."

"Yeah." I breathed. "But I feel bad because I didn't get her anything."

"It's not too late to get something Sab. If you want I could take you shopping and you can drop it off at hers."

"You would do that for me?" I grinned.

"Of course honey. Besides she deserves it too, she's such an amazing girl."

"Thank you, Demi." I hugged her.

"No problem, kiddo."

I quickly put all my stuff away in my bedroom and changed out of my clothes into comfortable ones. I grabbed my pocket money - I get every Friday from Demi by doing chores and behaving - and went back downstairs to Demi.

"I saved at least $300 from the pocket money you give me."

"That's great! Here's your pocket money for today since is Friday."

I took the money and grabbed my shoes. "I don't know what to buy her, Demi. I can't buy her jewellery. I want something extended to my gift as she deserves much more."

"It's up to you, kiddo. I don't know what she's in to."

"Well, she's into music. Especially this band called 'Twenty One Pilots'. She never shuts up about them." I chuckled.

Demi laughs, "has she ever been to their concert before?"

"I don't think so, I do remember her complaining about not being able to see them when they did a show here because of having no money."

"Have a look to see when the next they are performing."

I fished out my phone from my pocket and searched in what I needed into google.

"There's a concert next year in January 26th. Would that be okay as it's well over Christmas?"

"Of course it is, she'll be happy with any date anyways."

"True. Shall I order tickets then?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"How many though?" I looked up at Demi.

"If I say two, can I trust you guys by going to a concert by yourself?"

I thought about it, "it's not me you'll have to worry about, I won't be fangirling as much" I laughed.

"Fair enough, order two then."

"Thanks, Demi. She'll love this." I smiled.

"No problem, Sab. Guess we don't have to go shopping then." Demi laughed.

"Good, I'm in the mood to chill anyways." I flopped onto the couch.

"Mind if I join?" Demi asked.

"Not at all." I grinned and relaxed into Demi.