1: It was an accident!

Mori's POV

"Tell me again why I have to be here?" Yuri asked uneasily as she stared at the large metal door in front of us.

I let out a sigh and looked down at the petite girl beside me. "You're here to learn how to toughen up, you're too soft and you can't just rely on your abilities all the time." I hissed .

Yuri's eyes began to water as she looked up at me practically begging, "Please, I don't want to do this.."

I wanted to tell her that everything would be okay, that she didn't really have to do this. But this is going to help her become stronger and more independent. I didn't look at her as I opened the door to the abandoned factory.

"Just do what I say and this'll make it easier for the both of us. Now let's go." I sternly directed her and walked farther into the decaying building, the walls were beginning to rust and wild plants were growing in almost every crack of the concrete floors. In the middle of all the broken down machines, were Brian and Mac, who work for me, and a man tied in a chair with a bag over his head.

Mac is Canadian with dark blonde hair and brown eyes, his whole body basically covered in tattoos and scars. He specializes in weaponry and is a mutant, although he's never shown or told anyone what he possesses.

Brian is Australian with long black hair that is usually tied up in a bun and hazel eyes. He has a prosthetic leg that he got after he got into a serious car accident a few years ago, he's a little sensitive about it so bringing it up will only result in him beating you to a pulp. He's a hacker, a good one too, that's just because of his mutant ability to control electricity, which is known as electrokenisis.

Mac was the first to see me and informed me that the guy had woken up not to long ago. I nodded in understanding and turned to Yuri, who was hiding behind me. I pulled my handgun out of the inside of my jacket pocket and handed it to her as I carefully told her, "All you're going to do for now is hold this gun and aim it at his head, it's on safety so you aren't shooting anyone alright?"

She looked between me and the gun before giving a hesitant nod. "I'll...I'll do my, my best.." She softly squeaked out.

I gave her a small smile and ruffled her hair. I looked over to Mac and Brian with a blank expression. "Take off the bag." I gestured to the man tied up. Brian briskly walked over and roughly took the bag off to reveal Del, who used to work for me and was the only nonmutant I knew, ratted us out and took the money for himself from our last "expedition", which was killing some rich guy, apparently killing people is a crime. Whoops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Del scanned the room and looked at us petrified, as he started to pant heavily.
"Well good morning sunshine." I snorted at him as I looked down at him, a grin forming on my face as Del's face only grew even more terrified. "What, what do you want, want from m-me?" He sputtered out.

"Hm, straight to the point as always huh, Del? Well then," I gestured for Yuri to do what I told her earlier, she just nodded and shakily held the gun to Del's head. "All you need to tell us is where you hid the money, and my associate here won't have to take away your life."

Del chuckled and gave a brief glance at Yuri before turning back to me. "Do you really think I'm going to believe that this pipsqueak is going to actually kill me? Hell I bet she hasn't even harmed a single damn fly! I ain't tellin' where the money is you mutant freaks!"

Yuri flintched at what Del called us, even though it was true. I kept a stern look on my face as I grabbed him by the collar and harshly pulled him closer, he was basically now leaning against the front legs of the chair. "Where the fuck did you put it?!" I snapped.

He was frightened, but it only lasted as quick as it came before he smirked.  "It doesn't matter now, you're just gonna end up like all those other freaks, suffering behind bars."

I shoved him back and walked in a small circle with both of my hands on my head, frustrated.

He continued,  "That's right, cops know where I'm at and should be here any minute. Now you bitches will finally rot in burning hell. YOU FUCKING FREAKS ARE GONNA DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY!" He started laughing maniacally, "YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL THE SAME PAIN AS YOU DID WHEN YOU WERE-"

A loud gun shot was heard. I jerked my head up to see a bullet wound going though both sides of Del's head, he was dead. I looked over at Yuri as she was frozen in complete shock, tears were rolling down her face as smoke softly fell out of the muzzle.

"Yuri......" I calmly called out to her, "Put the gun down.."

She immediately dropped the gun and began shaking violently. "I...I didn't mean to, it was an accident!" She cried out.

"Fuck.." Mac cursed under his breath. Sirens could be heard in the distance and were getting closer.

"We gotta go. Now." I grabbed Yuri's wrist and speed walked out of there with her in tow.

"W-What about Mac and Brian?" She spurted out.

"We're gonna find them later, right now I have to keep you safe."

To be continued..

Whoop whoop! FIRST CHAPTER DOONNEEEE! Do you guys like it so far? Let me know and leave a comment ノ(・ω・)ノ

Tootles~!