Chapter 2: A Hostile Takeover

At dawn, you were sitting on your horseback on the cliff overlooking Arendelle, and watched as the sun rose in the horizon and the city slowly came to life.

"We are ready at your signal, General." Captain Turner came up behind you.

'This is it...' you thought before you took a deep breath.

"Listen!" You said as you turned Striker around and looked at your men where they stood lined up.

"We attack in two groups. The first group goes in and seizes control of the castle before the second group quickly follows and takes control of the rest of the city. Company 1, 2, 3 and 4 will make up the first group and follow me and Captain Turner to the castle while company 5, 6, 7, and 8 will make up the second group and follow Lieutenant Roger." You said and pointed to a man who was about your height with black hair and a scar on his left cheek. "Do you understand?".

"Yes General!" they shouted in unison, and you turned to look at Roger.

"After I have left with the first four companies, wait for 30 minutes before you follow. I'll leave Striker by the city gate. After you're done taking control of the city, bring him to the castle's barracks. I'll stay there." You instructed him, and he nodded.

"Yes General."

You looked at your troops. They were a rough bunch of men. Not the kind you'd want to meet, and certainly not at night. But, they were great fighters, that was for sure, and they took great pride in their fighting skills. You weren't worried, though. You knew that they followed you, and that you were the only one who could command their respect. That's why you weren't worried that they would suddenly turn against you and follow someone else, and men like that were really handy to have in war. In addition to the men, you had also brought a few horses that, for the most part, carried the tents and food rations, and a courier falcon that you would use to communicate with King Ralph.

Then you remembered something you had almost forgotten. You reached into a bag that was fastened to your saddle and pulled out long hooded cloaks and handed out the cloaks to your group.

"Here, put these on. They'll hide our armor, so we don't raise suspicion when we move through the city."

They put them on without a word, and your group left Lieutenant Roger and his group.

You rode down to the city gate where you left Striker to proceed on foot with your soldiers through the city. There weren't too many people in the streets yet, just a couple of merchants who had just awoken and was about to open their stalls at the city square and a few other early birds. As you approached the bridge, you got an idea, and stopped.

"Okey, this is what we're going to do." You said and looked at your group "Let's split up in groups from here. Company 1, follow me through the main gate and courtyard. Company 2, you follow Captain Turner and go to the back of the castle and take care of the guards there. Company 3, you go to the bell tower and the barracks, and company 4, you go to the castle tower where they keep their courier falcons and take out the guards there, so they can't call anyone for help. We have to block every possibility they can use to reach anyone." They nodded, split up and silently went to where they had been instructed.

You and your company walked over the bridge that separated the castle from the rest of the city but as you reached the castle gates your path was blocked by a couple of royal guards.

"Halt!" One of them said, and you did as you were told.

"Who's there? State your business" he demanded, and you removed your hood so your face became visible.