Louis

I look back to the parking lot to see if Louis is still there. He's not. He has already left. I can't have him cancel a once-in-a-lifetime chance. He's earned it and now he's canceled it because of me. I run to my car. I dial Louis's cell. Voicemail. I know he did that on purpose. I speed to the boys' flat. I dial his cell again. Voicemail. Come on, Louis. I pull up. Zayn and Niall are hanging around outside. I run up to them like a maniac. "Is Louis here?"

"Ummmm............." Zayn says.

"If we told you, we'd have to kill you." Niall says, motioning his finger under his throat. I roll my eyes.

"If you don't tell me, I'll kill you." I say, motioning the same thing Niall did.

"He's upstairs." Zayn says. I sprint past them both. Niall punches him. I run inside and toward Louis's room when I get clothes-lined. I fall to see Liam standing there. I get up and try to push through.

"Let me go!" I say, frustratedly.

"He wants to be alone!" He says, pushing me back, standing between me and Louis. I calm down and take a deep breath.

"Liam. Please. I need to see him-" I squeak. I stare into his handsome face with pleading eyes. I almost get down on my knees in desperation. He steps aside.

"Be gentle with him. He's...sensitive right now."

"Believe me. I am too." I walk past him when Harry pushes me aside. "Seriously?! Is this some kind of One Direction obstacle course-thing?"

"Whatever. I just wanted to tell you something."

"I'm waiting." I still feel sort resentful towards him because of last night.

"Please convince him. He's throwing away an opportunity of a lifetime for us. We haven't said anything, just trying to be nice. But please do so."

"And why should I? I mean, I'm just a bad influence." I reach out to grab the doorknob but Harry grabs my arm. He glares at me. I feel like cowering but I hold his gaze.

"I never said that."

"Really? Sorry for not checking with you first, but you said that. Whatever. You're wasting my time, Harry." I turn away. His grips tightens on my arm so hard that I almost yelp.

"I said that Ms. Adeline said it. So did Uncle Si. Does anybody ever think that maybe I don't agree?"

"You're a brat." I spit at him.

"And you're not?" He retorts. "Look. I wanted you to come with us. I really did. And maybe you're right to be angry at me. I don't know. And maybe I'm a prima donna or brat or an arrogant superstar! Everybody has downfalls, Kate. And yours is not facing reality." He looks me square in the face.

"I never want to see you again." I rip my arm from his grasp and throw open the door to where Louis is crying. I slam the door and walk towards him. "Hey, Lou." I say changing my snarling voice to a softer one. I sit on the bed beside him. I lie down on it and sigh. "What are we going to do. You and I? We just can't stop leaning on each other and sacrificing our dreams." He responds with silence. "Someday, one of us has to be 'selfish.'" He doesn't respond. "Wanna play a game? It's called two questions and a command."

"Uh. Sure, but I know where this is leading, Kate." He rubs his puffy eyes.

"Just let it lead there."

"I've made up my mind. You can't convince me otherwise and it's too late. You're not the only reason that I'm staying."

"I'll go first. What's the other reason?"

"Eleanor."

"What about her?"

"She broke up. With me." He lies down. "Here's my command. Leave me alone. Just let me be." I smooth his crazy hair down and kiss his forehead. Eleanor broke up with him? I'm the reason. I'm sure of it. I walk out. Harry's hanging around with Liam, laughing. He sees me and his smile drops and he leaves the room. I put hands on my head and sigh. What the mess I've created."