Chapter 3

Darling family's POV

"Right children, off to bed with you now!" Mrs Darling called out. "Zac, it's your turn to put the little ones to bed." she said firmly looking over at Zac "Of course mum, I've already got a melody in mind" Zac says warmly and picks up John and starts to guide Michael into their bedroom. "Tonight boys, I've written a new melody just for you" Zac says quietly to the boys placing John onto his bed and starts to make his way towards his grand piano in the corner of the room. The boys jump up with a "Yes!"they quickly get into their pyjamas and wrap themselves up nice and warm and waited patiently for Zac to begin. "Are you ready boys" Zac asks not looking up from the piano keys "Yes Zacky" both boys chorused jumping in excitement.

Zac's POV

As soon as my fingers start to move across the keys my mind finds peace 'It's the one thing in my life where I can truly be myself. Throughout my life I've had troubles, be it during school, or simply being just.. me' I ponder closing my eyes to really listening to the melody I'm playing, just knowing how much the tune means to me. So lost in thought, I didn't notice the window open until a cold draft hit me in the back of the neck. Quickly I turn around to see... nothing. Confused I turn back around and start to play again knowing the boys are nearly asleep.

Peter Pan's POV

Looking through the window of the house that produced the angelic melody I could see a boy, about the same age as me looking lost in thought, sitting at the piano and I couldn't help but move closer to the window, feeling something drawing me nearer. I gently place my hand against the window only for it to swing open "Crap" I whisper before quickly flying back up to the roof but couldn't stop myself from coming straight back once the tune started up again. I watch the boy silently almost forgetting Tinker bell was still with me so mesmerised by how talented he was. Suddenly the boy got up from the piano and started to make his way towards the beds, thinking he's about to go to sleep, I turn back to Tink and hover just above the window not realising my shadow was reflecting onto the blinds "Come on Peter" Tinkerbell said sounding annoyed "We've got to get home now".

Zac's POV

I kiss goodnight to my brothers and start to head towards the door quietly until a breeze hit me again and remember that the window was still open. I make my way towards the window as quiet as I can to make sure I wouldn't wake either of the boys up. I slowly open the blinds and look out into the night, seeing a clear sky with stars looking back at me until I notice a shadow out of the corner of my eye. Confused I turn round to see nothing not thinking much of it I turn back to the window about to clstart see it until I heard a whisper. Stopping in my tracks I move closer to the window ledge and poke my head out, I look around to see yet again nothing but "Peter" I heard very quietly - so quiet that I almost missed it and turn round only to see two figures floating above me 'WHAT THE .....'