━━ chapter five.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘❝ 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏

ASTRID AND THOR proceeded to follow Loki towards the ship. An alarm sounded in the ship bay, Astrid gazing towards Loki with intent. A smirk appeared on his face. She was right, the God of Mischief betrayed them once again.

"You can't be serious." Astrid muttered.

"I want to get off of Sakaar and the Grandmaster wants you, Thor. Just an easy bargain." he continued to smirk. Thor shook his head before he pressed the button on the remote, shocking Loki.

Loki dropped to the ground, his body spasming.

"See Loki, knowing that you of all people in the nine realms, is the infamous God of Mischief. You would think I would not take extra precautions around you, knowing you will obviously betray us." Thor proudly spoke.

"How..." Loki gasped, before Thor shocked him again.

"I had hoped that you would have shown some capacity for growth, Loki." Thor dropped the remote a few meters away from Loki on the ground. Astrid spotted a few more Sakaaran guards approaching them.

"Get to the ship. I'll hold them off." Astrid said. Thor nodded in agreement, rushing towards the Grandmaster's ship. She gripped the gun she stole earlier in her hands. She soon quickened her pace into a run, dodging gun blasts from the guards. She hid behind a metal crate, popping her head up, aiming at several guards and shooting them. A gun blast grazed against her shoulder, her skin burning in pain. She gritted her teeth and continued blasting her gun at several guards.

She tried aiming towards the leader of the guards, Topaz, completely missing. A gun blast hit her along her legs, causing her to fall to the ground. The smell of burning flesh filled her nostrils, making her nauseous. The pain was unbearable. She couldn't move anywhere.

The number of gun shots increased, as she peaked from behind the metal crate, seeing several of the Grandmaster's former prisoners. She recognised the one called Korg. He noticed her on the floor, quickly approaching her.

"You're Thor's friend?" he asked.

"Yes." Astrid gasped in pain.

"Help the lady up fellas." he said, as one man walked towards her, helping her to stand up on her feet. Korg headed towards Loki, removing the chip on his back. Loki slowly stood up on his feet, looking over towards Astrid, a worried look on his face. The pain slowly started to make Astrid lose consciousness. She fell to the ground, lying there unconscious. Loki ran towards her, lifting her from the floor, heading towards the ship Korg was currently in.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

SLOWLY OPENING her eyes, Astrid looked around, her arm and leg bandaged. The pain subsided, as she sat up in the bed. Patting around her waist, sighing in relief as she felt the hilts of her daggers. She dropped from the bed, Loki gazing in her direction. It seems as if she woke him up from his sleep.

"Where am I?" Astrid asked.

"On a ship with Sakaar's rebels." Loki responded. Astrid tested to see if she can walk. The pain was manageable. She had to help Thor.

"How long was I out?" she asked.

"A couple of hours. We'll be at Asgard soon."

"I should kill you for what you tried to do." Astrid snapped.

"Astrid I..." she cut him off before he could continue his sentence.

"How can you be so spineless? Does your hatred really run that deep for you to betray Thor and prevent him from stopping Hela?" Astrid spat.

"You don't know the pain I endured on Asgard and with Thor, Astrid! Escaping was my only chance." he shouted at her.

"Asgard is your home! It's our home!" Astrid shouted herself.

"Oh don't give your sentiment of it being home. You left Asgard remember?" he scoffed.

"I had no choice."

"You left me alone! I had no one! You were the only person who was a friend to me!"

"My father betrayed Asgard. My mother thought it was best for me to not live like an outcast on Asgard. I had no choice Loki, I was just a child."

"An outcast? I've been living like one my entire life." he laughs sarcastically.

"What happened to you? I never thought you would grow up to be so bitter."

"You weren't there."

"Me being there would not have helped."

"Maybe my life would've been better knowing my best friend was by my side."

"I didn't want to leave my friend behind. I never even got to see Asher one last time." Astrid mumbled.

"I took care of him till the end of his days, for what it's worth." Loki informed her.

"Thank you." Astrid walked towards Loki.

"No problem." he began to smile again.

"What made you change your mind about helping Thor?" Astrid asked.

"What he said made me realise that he had faith in me and I disappointed him. At least I can do is help."

"Well, I'm glad you changed your mind, you idiot." she punched him on his arm.

"Hey." he rubbed his arm, before Astrid started to laugh.

"You want to continue our friendship?" she offered.

"Sure." Loki said, as the two of them hugged each other tightly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

VALKYRIE FIDGETED with the communicator around her wrist. She hoped Astrid would contact her, removing the doubt of her being dead from her mind. She left Bruce to control the ship and Thor to himself. The thought of Astrid being dead angered him. He was positive she was alive. She had to be.

Static waves emitted from her communicator before the familiar voice filled her ears.

"Valkyrie?" Astrid spoke.

"Astrid!" she spoke happily. Thor's head perked up, heading towards Valkyrie.

"Where are you guys at this moment?" she asked.

"Close to Asgard. I'm so glad you're not dead." Thor said, looking relieved.

"He was so upset Astrid. It seemed as if he wanted to confess his..."

"Nothing! I have nothing to confess!" Thor nervously spoke, quickly walking away and heading towards Bruce.

"Where are you?" Valkyrie asked.

"I'm on my way to Asgard as well."

"Astrid, I'm also glad you're alive."

"Were you also worried? Worried like Thor?" she teased.

"Very funny." she scoffed.