Chapter 5

Lucy sat in the train compartment  along with Luna and Ginny as they discussed their summers. Or, at least Luna and Ginny did. Lucy was lost in thought while starring out the window.

Susan was getting further and further from them. She refused to speak of Narnia and was constantly our with friends or going out on dates. She hardly had a spare moment to spend with them. Susan didn't even acknowledge that she recognized Gonzolle. Lucy feared that she may loose her sister forever.

It was one particular word that disrupted her thoughts. "...Centaur.."

"What?" Lucy looked towards her friends.

"Weren't you listening?" Ginny asked.

"I'm sorry, I was lost in thought." Lucy apologized.

"You've done that quite often recently. Is something bothering you?" Luna quired.

"It's nothing, there's just a lot on my mind." Lucy smiled as she excused her behavior. Both Luna and Ginny knew that there was more to it but they decided to let the matter drop.

"The Ministry and Centaur relations are rocky right now. The Ministry had entered Centaur territory a few times and the Centaurs have been refusing to take orders from the Ministry. There is a lot of tension between them now. People are worried that a battle might break out." Ginny informed her.

Lucy nodded. She would need to visit them, and soon.

_____________________The Feast_____Cue Video_______________________

"Thank you, Headmaster," Umbridge cut in, "for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces looking up at me! I'm sure we will all be very good friends.The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance.The rare gifts with which you were born may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the wizarding community must be passed down the generations lest we lose them for ever. The treasure trove of magical knowledge amassed by our ancestors must be guarded, replenished and polished by those who have been called to the noble profession of teaching.

"Every headmaster and headmistress of Hogwarts has brought something new to the wheighty task of governing this historic school, and that is as it should be, for without progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again, progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering. A balance, then, between old and new, between permanence and change, between tradition and innovation because some changes will be for the better, while others will come, in the fullness of time, to be recognised as errors of judgement.

"Meanwhile, some old habits will be retained, and rightly so, whereas others, outmoded and outworn, must be abandoned. Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited."