Heartache (DeanxReader) (Fluff)

Summary: A look at the reader through Dean's eyes, focusing mostly on Dean's emotions throughout the day and how he reacts to even the simplest of words. This is the raw and vulnerable side of Dean.

DEAN'S POV:

DEAN'S POV:

Her lips were moving, but my eyes were stuck on her hair. It was wet, and dripping a river down her shirt. I don't think a towel ever touched her head.

"Dean?" Her voice was warm, inviting. It always was. She was never harsh with her words. Sam constantly tried to poke at her, just to see what her voice would sound like if she raised it.

"Yeah?" I met my eyes with hers, catching her gaze.

I felt my brother's eyes on me as well; his brow was raised and a smirk played on his face.

"We were asking if you wanted to go to the bar tonight." Sam filled me in.

A laugh came up from my throat as I raised the glass of whiskey in my hand. "I'm fine right here."

Y/N smiled and looked at Sam, "You're still in, right?"

He nodded and got up from his chair. "I'll go shower."

I tipped my glass in response, and took another swig from it.

"Have you been out in the sun?" Y/N asked, suddenly.

I furrowed my brows, "I was working on Baby earlier, why?" Then, proceeded to lift up my shirt and smell it. "Do I smell that bad?"

"No," She let out a light laugh, "Your freckles are darker."

"My- my freckles?"

She leaned forward in her seat, her nose a mere foot from mine, "Freckles get darker in the sun."

"Huh." I muttered and took another sip of my drink.

"It's cute, Dean." She said and the whiskey managed to go down even slower. My lip twitched upwards.

Without waiting for me to respond, she gathered her hair to the side and wiped her now wet hands off on her jeans before jumping out from her seat.

"I'll go change for the bar. Invite's still open." She smiled, turning on her heel.

I watched her leave, shamelessly.

The first time Sam and I met her, it was an accident. Neither of us knew we had been working the same case, so when I approached who I thought was the legitimate FBI agent on the case, Y/N's face beamed back at me instead. After a few back and forth questions, the three of us discovered none of us were agents, and went to grab drinks instead. It was supposed to be a one time deal.

But, one night turned into two. Eventually, three. In no time, I was helping her bring boxes into the bunker from the trunk of her run down car.

"We can't let anything happen to her, you know that right?" Sam said to me the night she moved in. The shower water was running loudly, and in that noise, we had a discussion.