The Coat.

Aprils Pov

It's been two months since Amy and I got shot. I woke up two days after Amy did.

Right now all the doctors (Mer, Cristina, Alex, Jackson, Arizona, Bailey, Richard, Owen, Callie, Derek and I) are discussing when Amy is going to get her lab coat. Since she is already smarter than most interns and residents, we think she deserves a lab coat.

"We should give her a ceremony, like when we got ours." Derek said.

"Yes, but it should be a private ceremony. Only us and maybe some of her friends from school and family. No news reporters or anything because everyone will probably want to hear about an 12 year old Doctor." Alex said.

"Jackson what do you think?" Meredith asked making everyone look at Jackson.

"I agree with Derek and Alex. We should give her a ceremony but keep it private, no news reporters or anything like that." Jackson said while looking up from his charts.

"Okay. When will we have the ceremony?" Miranda asked.

"How about next Saturday? On her birthday." Richard asked.

"Okay. Are we going to tell her about it or keep it a secret?" Cristina asked.

"We should keep it a secret. It can be one of her birthday presents. How is she holding up anyway? It's another birthday without Mark and Lexi." Callie asked.

"She's getting by. She is really upset that they won't be there. I heard her crying last night, and when I went to check on her she told me it was because of them not being there for her birthday. I feel really bad knowing that I can't do anything to make her feel better. " Jackson said sadly.

"Aww, poor girl" Derek frowned.

Owens pager went off and then seconds later mine, Arizona's, Dereks, Jacksons and Callie's went off.

"ER" we all said in unison and ran out of the room.

We got down to the ER and saw paramedics rushing in a bunch of little kids, probably around Amy's age.

"What happened?" I asked running over to a little boy.

"There was a shooting at Seattle Elementary School. 3 kids injured and 2 dead." Seth, One of the paramedics said.

I looked at Jackson and saw his face full of panic. Seattle Elementary was Amy's school.

"LOOK FOR AMY!" Callie yelled.

"We all ran through the kids to look for Amy.

"She over here!" Derek yelled running into a trauma room.

When I walked in I saw Amy with a little boy. The little boy had a bullet wound and she was holding pressure to it. Other than a little cut she had on her forehead, she looked fine.

"Page Cristina!" Owen yelled running over to help Amy.

Once Cristina came and had everything under control Jackson and I ran over to Amy. Jackson hugged her a kissed her forehead.

"Thank god you're okay Amy. I don't what I would do if you got shot again."Jackson cried. Right now Amy had wrapped her arms around Jacksons neck and was crying too.

"He was going to shoot me Dad. He pulled the trigger and I heard the gun but then I was on the floor because Will pushed me out of the way, and he got shot. He saved my life." Amy cried.

Will was the boy who Cristina took into surgery. And Amy just called Jackson Dad for the first time.

Jackson picked Amy up and walked over to me. "Come on guys, we're gonna go see Bailey and Richard.