prologue

Hollendale was divided into two seperate parts, one for the upperclassmen and one for the lower.

Skyscraper buildings and million dollar mansions stood out against the boarded up store fronts and run down homes.

The two sides of town only associated with each other in a desperate time of need, when the lower class had no one else to turn to.

The North side was deemed to be a heavenly area, with the flashy cars driving up and down the boulevards and the lavish shops that those of the South side didn't even dare to dream of ever entering. They knew they wouldn't be able to afford any of the designer clothing or pricey jewelry; not like they could afford much of anything at all.

Combined with the lack of any cash but spare change and crime ghosting the streets, to many people who had never been in such a situation in their lives, it would likely be declared something similar to Hell.

To Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin, it was home.

The two boys had never crossed paths, yet their lives were almost parallel. Growing up in less than desirable circumstances and both dropping out of college, one could say that their lives were mirrored. They lived the same monotonous, miserable lives as everyone else in South Hollendale, and they both hated it. Terribly.

Luke Hemmings and Calum Hood lived lives that were the complete opposite.

Both Luke and Calum where successful businessmen; hundred dollar bills would look like ones in their eyes. Many people South would only dream of having what they had. Being rich was the goal. But for them, the goal was an empty box.

When they could have anything, they wanted nothing. Of course, it wasn't just all about money for all. Luke was married; his son being the light of his life. Calum, on the other hand was more or so independent.

Unlike Ashton and Michael, their lives weren't as similar.

When these two worlds collide, everything and nothing could go wrong at the same time.

Families are torn apart and new love is found all because North met South.

+
hello welcome to our story!

three of us are writing this, amina (@/sociallyhowell on twitter), jessica (wastetheniqht, @/lukechords on twitter) and kayla (mycalumcalromance, @ietterstomuke on twitter) and we're so excited for you to read this! please help us not flop by voting and commenting all your thoughts, thanks

see you next chapter, let us know if you're excited