Chapter Two, Rain

I stare at the door for a sheer moment before standing up. I swiftly walk towards the door and open it, pausing for a second of time to feel the smooth bronze handle against my fingertips. A girl stands there. I look up from my hands. Tick... Tock... Time feels slower but time is consistent. I look up at her face. She's smiling. Her smile is beautiful. I stare into her deep eyes. Her eyes are brown but not plain. I feel like I could stare into her eyes forever...

I dont.

Her short hair falls over her little nose, when she moves. I stare down at my feet. Then my hands. My feet are still. My hands are shaking. "Um, Stewart? You alright?" She says. Her voice is smooth and gentle. It's neither high or low. I look up at her concerned face. I nod and welcome her in.

I make her some tea and we sit and my table. We talk for a bit and the rain keeps raining. I even laugh, which she notices happily. Her hands tap her cup, as she explains how she came over just to say hello.

She stands up, her hand resting on the table. Time. "Anyways", she begins, "I better leave now. Sorry for not saying anything before coming over today. I had a pleasant time with you and hope I'll see you soon." She leaves without saying another word.

I continue drinking my tea, in silence, and look out the foggy window. I focus on a drop of rain that slides down the window. I sigh. It's beautiful. The rain is beautiful. Time is beautiful. I walk over to the window and open it. I stretch my hand so it is vulnerable to the rain. I close my eyes, waiting. I open them, when a drop falls onto my hand. It feels warm against my cold hands. I continue staring at it. It's circular shape is amusing. Suddenly though, a third and then second drop of rain hit my hand. One lands on my wrist, the other on my thumb. I close my eyes and can feel each one on my hand. Time goes by. The rain keeps raining.

Rain. Rain is beautiful. Sparkling, cold, beautiful water.