4

Ahn Residence, West Dell County

September 2, 2017. 09:00A.M.

"Ahn Hyungseob!"

Hyungseob jolts up on a bed that definitely wasn't his. He pants to catch his breath. A few seconds ago, he was probably in a different dimension.

He inhales deeply before yelling back, "Yes?!"

"Come here this instant!"

Following the orders of the voice that had called him, he goes downstairs, although that voice was not a voice he was familiar with.

He'd just had the weirdest encounter with a black-dressed entity, and he refuses to believe what he had witnessed earlier was just a dream. That was not more than a minute ago.

"Ahn Hyungseob!" the lady downstairs continues to yell.

"I'm coming!" Hyungseob tenses up at the thought of a mother figure laying a finger on him again. When he was still alive, he'd always been receiving ear pinches or smacks on the head for the most stupid things.

"Ah, don't keep yelling at your son!" a manly voice says something that makes Hyungseob stop in his tracks.

Your son?

I don't have a father at home.

Hyungseob scratches the back of his head, still confused. What the hell is happening?

"He knew he had a university appointment today, your dumb son should be ready to leave by now!"

Hyungseob walks down a little faster to see what's happening. Would he be greeted by his own parents? He didn't know for sure. Had the Grim Reaper been telling the truth, he would not wake up in his parents' home.

One word about the past life you used to live, Ahn Hyungseob, and up you go.

One word.

Did that mean this was an entirely new life for him?

Hyungseob arrives downstairs to be greeted by a man who looked like a 52-year-old version of him, and a woman who looked nothing like him.

"I'm off, Hyungseob," the lady, who does not appear to be his mother, "I can't drive you to the train station anymore. I'm going to be late for my own meeting!"

"That's okay..." Hyungseob scratches his head, not knowing what to call this woman. "...mom."

The woman blinks at Hyungseob, seeming to be bewildered that her stepson had just called her 'mom'. A big, closed smile appears on her face, in contrast to the frown she'd been wearing only a few seconds ago.